navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » To my Andrew
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic To my Andrew Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV

0 posted 2000-01-31 04:28 PM

To my Andrew
  We’ve become close over the past few months, and now its time to say goodbye.  The tears are hiding behind the smiles.  I want to take you in my arms and never let you go, but I know I can never do that.  So whats the point in me even making a second thought of it?  Arms crossed, face blank, theres nothing more for me to say, I don’t want to say goodbye, because this isn’t the end. I never thought of this day being so close, but its here now, along with the tears.  I now must find myself, and be that.  Until then, I will be in my ‘dark place’.  The love we shared will not just disappear, love isn’t like that.  We were the best of friends for so long, it’s hard to believe these months are over and now we must go our separate ways.  I thank you for always being there for me and I hope we can forever remain friends.

*how was i to kno that today id meet someone like you? how was i to see the light with him in my path and you too far to touch?*

© Copyright 2000 Tamma M. Wilson - All Rights Reserved
childomine
since 2000-01-25
Posts 818
st. petersburg, FL
1 posted 2000-01-31 05:24 PM

The good thing about a love that stems from friendship is that is NEVER goes away.  The bad thing of it never going away is the pain one feels at a physical parting.  
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
2 posted 2000-01-31 10:03 PM

The love of friendship is a strong thing, it can almost always transcend distance and usually time.  The pain of parting can be hard to deal with, though.  I wish you strength to get through the pain!

In flames I shall not be consumed, but reborn. -- Abrahm Simons

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 2000-02-05 04:15 AM

I wish you the strength as well.
(Take it from someone who knows, LOL, finding yourself isn't always easy...especially when you're odd like I and keep hiding from yourself!)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » To my Andrew

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary