navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Gathering
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Gathering Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.

0 posted 1999-10-08 07:58 PM

We gathered under the whispering trees,about one hundred women;scattered on the grass. Only a few are my age;most are from a "New"generation. The Mother of Time must be hiding those ladies with the white hair;I don't see them among the gathering. This always frightens me. Don't they get out anymore? I begin to talk about a time when
people weren't "Christianized" and we all lived in Tribes all over---in the great forests in North America,Europe and Asia.

In this distant time,we loved the "she-wolf"as our role model and Totem animal for bonding in Tribes. The "She-wolf" was the Key to our survival. We emulated the wolf's compassion toward the Young and the Weak and
the Ailing. We emulated the wolf's resolve to follow a single strategy when hunting.
We told stories to our children about how "She-Wolves" rescued humans from exposure and brought them up as their own. Europe is filled with such stories,which have survived in Our modern times.

"What kind of system did they follow?
The Path of the gray She-Wolf?" they ask,intrigued."How do you get your information?" They are testing my sources.
"Where do I find out more about this?" They hunger for more. The hunger in Women that I have sensed before is still here,as familiar
to me now as an old hound. I stroke it's head
and scratch its ears;I feel needed again. I lean back and let the sun bake my shoulders;my Priestess gown is hugging my body. The faces around me are turned upward with Grace and Interest. I go on and on about the Path,I so love to teach.

------------------
Helewes

[This message has been edited by JennyLee (edited 10-08-1999).]

© Copyright 1999 Jennifer Lee Dobbins - All Rights Reserved
Tammy
since 1999-09-09
Posts 90

1 posted 1999-10-08 08:15 PM

Oh Jinkers, I love this its perfect.... It reminds me of the time you taught me to make homemade hand cream and body butters... Not to mention 9/9/99 at 9a.m. You know what i mean about that
love,
me

DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

2 posted 1999-10-08 10:20 PM

Sweet peace to thee, Lady Bright. We walk not the same path, yet close enough it is. Ritual magick aside as well as blood magick,

Welcome to Passions in Prose!

------------------
Now and forever my heart hears ~one voice~.
DreamEvil©

Dragoness
since 1999-08-07
Posts 513

3 posted 1999-10-09 03:05 AM

Excellent prose! Well written and meaningful!

------------------
Set you heart free and your mind will follow.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
4 posted 1999-10-09 07:15 AM

Bingo!
Well worded and more so, because Wolves have new meaning to me!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Gathering

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary