navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » an introduction, please read
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic an introduction, please read Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
roxane
since 1999-09-02
Posts 505
us

0 posted 1999-09-05 01:20 AM

When I first visited this page, I read so many beautiful poems before I dared to submit any. I felt not only strange for posting them, but also a bit aburpt. You see, when it comes to my poems and stories and just random thoughts scrawled on a piece of a napkin, I am not very confident. The few people that I do read them to, I feel almost as though they don't hear a word that I say. Needless to say, the catharsis that my poetry provided for me has been somewhat hindered by my attitude towards it ( most of my reasoning behind posting it here where people I don't know can read it is that at least they can't hurt my feelings).
I feel the necesity to introduce myself however before I lose you in my soporific poems. If any of you happen to read them or this, I can always use criticism (if not to construct, than to raze and begin anew) or encouragement.
I know the nature of this note may not appeal to many people, but I felt that I was being quite cocky by just throwing a poem on to a screen and expecting people who should in no way have concern for me to read it. I did not want you to suppose that I believe in my writing so much as to do that. I would hate to give a bad impression of myself so prematurely.
I thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope to soon be exchanging ideas and learning from you all.

------------------
roxane "come night come darkness for you cannot come too soon or stay too long in such a place as this" dickens

© Copyright 1999 roxane - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 1999-09-05 04:56 AM

Welcome to the forum Roxane!
Fear not that you will seem cocky here. Everyone is here to share with others, and sometimes hear their (usually) constructive criticism.
I for one appreciate the introduction and look forward to reading some of your work, even if it is soporific! I have such a hard time getting to sleep, that if you were to provide me that, you would definitely become my favorite poet! But i doubt that such is the case.
Once again, welcome to the BIG family here at PIP!

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
2 posted 1999-09-05 05:18 AM

I ditto Christopher..

HUGS

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

3 posted 1999-09-05 09:44 PM

I understand your fears, but you are quite safe here! Throw your words in - I'll be looking out for them.
PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
4 posted 1999-09-05 09:58 PM

Roxane,
I think that you find that everyone here had a little bit of fear of being cocky but we are allowed to swim in the big pool and we even have lifeguards or moderators if you will to help us with encouragement and constructive things to say. It's been a blessing here and I hope that you feel confident enough to be part of this family. So far it's been a blast!! Thank you for the introduction and hope to see alot of your work posted

------------------
Words lay dormant in the recesses of the mind til called forth to a labor of love. By WildChild

DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

5 posted 1999-09-06 06:20 AM

Bit late on this one, sorry.

Welcome to Passions in Prose!

Dear Lady, you have done a wonderful thing in this introduction of yours. It would be nice if everyone was as thoughtful.

------------------
Pain is life, life is short, I will endure.
DreamEvil©

roxane
since 1999-09-02
Posts 505
us
6 posted 1999-09-06 02:58 PM

thank you all so much for responding. I didn't want to feel like I was talking, rather writing into empty air. I truly appreciate the encouragement.
One question: (perhaps this was explained to me once and I missed it) How do you do the smiley things?

------------------
"Come night, come darkness, for you cannot come too soon or stay too long in such a place as this." Charles Dickens

roxane

Wolfgang
since 1999-05-24
Posts 124
Hamilton, Ont. Canada
7 posted 1999-09-06 07:19 PM

here's where you get the images (smileys etc)

go to: netpoets.com/forums/imgicons.htm

it will explain the whole thing to you.

[This message has been edited by Wolfgang (edited 09-06-99).]

The Forgotten Lady
since 1999-08-30
Posts 6
Columbia, MO, USA
8 posted 1999-09-06 08:13 PM

Wow, I'm glad somebody asked, cause I was wondering myself! lolol. Thanks.

------------------
I once was a dream lady, but now I'm forgotten

[This message has been edited by The Forgotten Lady (edited 09-06-99).]

roxane
since 1999-09-02
Posts 505
us
9 posted 1999-09-06 09:26 PM

i am so glad that you all taught me the art of smiley

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
10 posted 1999-09-09 10:25 AM

Oh Roxane. My dear, I see so much of me in you! I am glad that you wrote this, and sorry that I didn't get to it sooner!!! I started out here posting trying to spread my message and not really understanding what it was all about. But came the gentle criticism, and I mean gentle. But it awoke me! You are so cautious and took the time to see what it was all about first. There are many caring people here, and I hope you come to feel like this is a home where you can come for refuge! For this is what I found here!!! It may take time, but as people come to know you, it is a big family of poets, and you are accepted! I hope through joining us that you will feel better about yourself. I hope that you will find encouragement, hope, love and prayers!
Smile Hon, you are much better than you perceive yourself to be! God's blessing to you!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
11 posted 1999-09-09 04:49 PM

Welcome, Roxane!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » an introduction, please read

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary