navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Question
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Question Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
OctoberSky
since 2000-12-04
Posts 12

0 posted 2000-12-09 11:00 AM

I wasnt sure where to post this Question, but was reading in the forum where I believe Ron posted the letter about Copyright's.. I wanted to know If credit is given where credit is due then why can't poems from other poets, whether from here or famous be posted?  I am not trying to start a debate here or ruffle any feathers, but I am not sure I see the problem unless credit is not given to the poet..Though I only reply to poems here, because I find it such a good place to read and respond, I just dont see the problem...Unless of course credit is not given where credit is due

thanks

[This message has been edited by OctoberSky (edited 12-09-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 OctoberSky - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2000-12-09 12:11 PM

Credit is good. Permission is a whole lot better. If you use someone's car without getting permission, giving them "credit" probably isn't going to keep you out of jail. More importantly, it just isn't right to use someone else's property against their wishes.

There are several in-depth discussions sprinkled around the forums. Here's one where I go into a bit more detail: /pip/Forum6/HTML/000277.html

OctoberSky
since 2000-12-04
Posts 12

2 posted 2000-12-09 02:01 PM

I agree with the car, but this is the internet, most likely the taking of car wont happen here unless it's a picture..(just kidding with ya) I understand the copyright thing, but it would be the same as using footnotes on a school paper, most, if not all, that is under copyright..anyway, I dont practice relaying anothers message..just something to think about for all I guess..

thanks

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

3 posted 2000-12-09 07:46 PM

It is just plain against the law, OctoberSky. People can think all they want, that doesn't change the Copyright laws. If you want to print or use something that belongs to someone else, you need their permission, period. If the law is not to someone's liking, I guess they can call the Library of Congress and persuade them to change the laws.

Denise

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Question

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary