navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Destroying America
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic Destroying America Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California

0 posted 2015-07-05 08:51 PM

Silly distractions,
absurd attractions
to those of little use,
ridiculous fabrications
in place of the truth.
children once educated
now indoctrinated.
The so-called tolerant
force others to see things
"their way."
So many contradictions
in what they do and say.
While bloody heads roll
and flesh melts
in a fiery cage,
a battle flag
from the past
becomes the symbol of rage.
Ironic,
But a black flag
is on the march
gaining strength
in every way
while America does little
to keep them at bay.
The once powerful eagle,
no longer aloft
waits for apathy
and political correctness
to finish him off.

Ida Werrett

© Copyright 2015 Ida Werrett - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2015-07-05 10:02 PM

Ida, in my opinion this is the absolute best thing I have ever read that you have written. You wrote from the gut and said what had to be said, and the truth sometimes hurts, but the truth has to be said. God Bless You, and I am not religious, but it was an appropriate thing to say . . .

~*~ When they give you ruled paper write sideways. ~*~

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
2 posted 2015-07-05 11:31 PM

The USA is very much in an era that reminds me an awful lot of the 1984 movie, Red Dawn with Patrick Swayze, C. Thomas Howell, Lea Thompson, Charlie Sheen, and Jennifer Grey. There is a 2012 version too, but not near as well done, or as hard hitting emotionally.

Your piece is right on the money, my friend and what's happening in this country should scare the hell out of all citizens - but doesn't.  Many are too into the "take care of me attitude" which allows Big Brother to step in and freedom to be stopped at the door.

Patriotism wise, I'm glad I'm getting old . . . because I see "America - The USA version" being buried alive, and taken over by our federal government, whom no longer cares about the people and has put themselves into a self-governing class of their own.

I do sorrow for my kids and grand kids though, and all those of their timeframe.

j.

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
3 posted 2015-07-06 12:41 PM

hello Ida, don't know very well what happens to this amercian kids, this is kind of very sorrow and "scary" to my humble eyes,

but things must be said

have a bery nice day

yann

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
4 posted 2015-07-06 01:13 AM

Thank you ,Jerry. I can't believe that so many people can't see what is happening here.
but I am sure the time will come when they will. I worry about the future...if we have one.
                          Ida

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
5 posted 2015-07-06 01:15 AM

I feel as you do, Jimmy. I don't have a lot of time left to watch my country torn down brick by brick but I worry about my kids and grandkids too.
                             Ida

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
6 posted 2015-07-06 01:18 AM

I think of America's situation today as a very bad joke that we brought on ourselves. That joke where people say, "you just had to be there".
                                 Ida

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
7 posted 2015-07-06 02:24 AM

Well said, Ida.  It is hard to understand why so many Americans can't see what is going on when we from the other side of the world can.  I'm not actually formally religious but it all does seem to fall in line with Bible prophecies.  Perhaps everything has to be destroyed before a new and better world emerges for those who survive.  Very sad though.
Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
8 posted 2015-07-06 03:18 PM

I'm not formally religious either, Helen but if I was I would be damn scared when I look out on this world as it is.
                             Ida

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
9 posted 2015-07-09 04:56 PM

Fine writing...James
secondhanddreampoet
Member Ascendant
since 2006-11-07
Posts 6394
a 'Universalist' !
10 posted 2015-08-02 07:33 PM

Indeed an appropriate indictment of the double-post-modern "Runaway American Dream!"
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Destroying America

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary