navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Not A Poem
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic Not A Poem Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Redstart
since 2014-05-16
Posts 535

0 posted 2014-11-08 07:52 PM

Trust me, people of The USA,
there is no God.
That's gonna win me no favours,
but I'm frightened.
Frightened by what I thought
died with The Pilgrim Fathers.
But, I'm too aware of intelligent
folk who are so down the line.
Can I please, please tell you:
there is no God.
Trust me, please.
You don't need to bow
to be kind.
You don't need to bow
to have a conscience.
Your conscience is your God.
There is no salvation
for the wickedness of mankind.
God gave us freedom of choice?
No, God made us
and got it wrong, at best.
He has no right to lay the
blame on us.
Does the craftsman have
a right to blame his tools
for shoddy work?

No.......

Goodbye.

© Copyright 2014 Redstart - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2014-11-08 09:14 PM

I agree. What else can I say? A lot if I wanted to, but I agree pretty much says it like it is.

If they give you ruled paper write sideways.

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
2 posted 2014-11-09 12:43 PM

No problem here Redstart. I am  wishy washy myself of late. How come it never ends and how come so many all say "God is on our side"? How  can that be? All praying to one same God for the same happenings.Does not add up.jo  
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
3 posted 2014-11-09 08:28 AM

I can see where you are coming from Redstart.
However, my guess is religion is to blame. There is a God. It is what we do to express that faith that gets us into trouble and give God a black eye so to speak. God is not a puppet master, men and their religions create that. God created laws of nature that have consequences. Atoms do what atoms do...even when you try to break them apart, then you get a nuclear reaction. Remember the atom bomb and Chernobyl? The atom is still doing as God made it to do. Man just got in there and took "the law into their own hands". So please don't look at mankind's bad behavior and say that is proof there is no God. Go watch the sunrise and see the proof there is.

Redstart
since 2014-05-16
Posts 535

4 posted 2014-11-10 01:59 PM

I'm not bashing folk here. Perhaps I got a bit too blunt, and arrogant. But, when you sit on the eastern side of The Pond, and witness the likes of The Westboro Baptist Church and Sarah Palin, it is frightening. Hell, that woman believes that the Earth is only 4,000 years old, and she ran as vice president to John McCain. The guy was a 72-year-old cancer survivor. That's how close that woman might have come to being head of the most powerful nation on Earth. Now that is frightening. Love you all.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Not A Poem

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary