navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Speak Out For Michael
Open Poetry #48
Post A Reply Post New Topic Speak Out For Michael Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA

0 posted 2012-04-13 08:14 PM

Speak Out For Michael

I heard your story.
I was shocked.
I was appalled.
I was furious.
But worst of all,
I was ashamed…

What has happened to our government?
What has happened to our citizenry?
Why are our military personnel
being treated as chess-pawns?

Are the Military Officers worried about retirement?
Do they fear the liberal press and the politicians?
Are they shaking in their boots?

Who will speak out for you Michael…?

I will.

Read his-story here: http://www.defendmichael.com/

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

© Copyright 2012 JL - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2012-04-13 08:20 PM

I lent my name and desire for justice for 1st Lieutenant Michael Behenna, JL. That is all I can do. We are involved in a tearing down of everything righteous about this country. I am ashamed and have been for many years. As far as I am concerned the democrat Party is almost as bad (if not worse) than Al Qaeda. They, one and all, hate the traditions of this once great country.

~*~ If they give you lined paper, write sideways. ~*~

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
2 posted 2012-04-13 08:28 PM

Thank you, Jerry!!
Enjoyed your reply.

JL

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
3 posted 2012-04-13 08:52 PM

I could have go on and on, but what's the use, JL. The fact that I put my name on there and asked for his release is quite enough.

~*~ If they give you lined paper, write sideways. ~*~

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2012-04-13 08:59 PM

JL, I remember this story. I am of an age where men and women remember a much better America in so many ways. What is perverse is that while America strived to learn from its own mistakes, those very lessons have turned in upon the populace [seems a greed among them that felt wronged] has taken over, and a great shift in the desert, the ocean, the mountains is forming and what is most extreme in this "wrong" is that those who believe they are now in the right, will lose everything if they don't find some control over their greed.

Thank you for sharing. It is the very least one can do.

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
5 posted 2012-04-13 09:00 PM

Absolutely, Jerry!
Every signature helps.
Thanks!

JL

Maranatha!

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
6 posted 2012-04-13 09:01 PM

Thank you, Sunshine!
You said it well.

JL

Maranatha!

ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
7 posted 2012-04-14 07:53 AM

And the people were outraged,
Because they were informed;

But still the rattle of guns goes on.

Still bullets mangle flesh,
And prison doors,
Slam with a crash.

To try to divide right from wrong.

Release him, all say, as do I;
And shield him from his demons,
Quit at trying to make war clean.
Law cannot change what his mind arranged;
And *hell has no rules of engagement.
*war

Your poem is passionet, and right in its outrage, JL

I believe that if the spirit of Jesus was the judge at the military trial, he would release Michael,
And throw whoever sent him into that situation in jail.

ebonygirl
Member Elite
since 2011-07-14
Posts 2000
California U.S.A
8 posted 2012-04-14 01:23 PM

Yes, JL, we must speak out
For those who are shut down.
Ms. E

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
9 posted 2012-04-14 02:41 PM

Ice, you are so right, blessings to you, sir.
----------------------------------------------
Ms. E., Yes!  Yes! Yes!  Thank you.

JL

Maranatha!

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
10 posted 2012-04-17 09:21 AM

I think it ludicrous that we can go into a country where we have to fight "civilians" per se, (the American Government learned nothing ( or just don't care) from Vietnam, did they?) and then get crucified  when "civilians" get caught in the cross-fire.

If the so-called, "civilians" truly are interested in our help then they would somehow shout out the fact that they are not the enemy.

I can only be happy that I never went over there, because I'd be in the same plight as this railroaded geltleman - on trial for murder, because my tendency would be to shoot first and ask if they "were" the enemy last.  

If we can't differentiate the enemy from the friendlies --- WHY THE HELL ARE WE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!   And WHY ARE WE KILLING OURSELVES over someone who won't even declare, and separate themselves, visibly, from the enemy.

We most definitely SHOULD NOT be prosecuting our people over a people that don't want us there anyway~~and they DO NOT WANT US THERE if they will not separate themselves from the their own - enemy!

And as for the kissey-two-shoes saying the troops themselves say "we are needed", my answer is: we all know of the syndrome where kidnapped (among others) people "love their captors").

If we are going to be in a 'WAR' (and a WAR is anything that get's even one American Troop KILLED, then by dog-breathe pucky, cat-ball slop, cattle-patties - LETS BE IN A WAR and stop telling our troops they have to do things the enemy does not (within the morals of decent humanity, anyway)!!!!!

Even better - get all our people out of there - troops, diplomats, advisers - every American!  I'm tired of being the world's police force while being castrated by the world!!!

j.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Speak Out For Michael

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary