navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » it's time
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic it's time Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

0 posted 2011-02-07 02:04 PM

it’s time for roses and dinners special
for new york strips and potatoes baked
for romance in kc in flights of fancy
for that special place with rattlesnake steak
for bleu cheese, poured and crumbled
in that prairie state eatery

it’s time for diamonds and necklaces gold
for earrings from our fav’rite jeweler
for searching for lost ones yet unfound
for special rings and bracelets too
for trips alone to be together
away from all we love so much

it’s time for remembering and forgetting
for the earlier times we’ve found so good
for these later days we’ve spent as one
for the days with children and those with none
for the best of times we’ve discovered have been them all
in the worst we can’t even recall

it’s time…this celebration…it’s time
for anniversary yellows, growing brighter through the years
it’s time…this festival of forever…it’s time
for sharing and for caring, one for one another
it’s time…this wedding déjà vu…it’s time

Please forgive the personal indulgence.  Our wedding anniversary is approaching and I have spent the last (soon to be) 39 years with the most special woman to ever come into my life.

© Copyright 2011 Steaven R Snow - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2011-02-07 02:28 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! A wonderful poem to help celebrate the long-lasting, true-love union you two have found with one another. May another thirty-nine years be just as productive and lovely.

~ Some people are like a Slinky -- not really good for anything -- but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs. ~

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
2 posted 2011-02-07 05:24 PM

Nothing to forgive, I thank you for indulging yourself and sharing the love.

It's nice to know it's out there, and it's all good.

We should all be so lucky!!

Best wishes to you both!!

faithmairee
since 2011-01-05
Posts 1441
Poe Haven, USA
3 posted 2011-02-08 05:58 PM

WOW.  What an awesome poem.  Your wife is a lucky woman to have such a devoted and loving husband, one so inspired to write such a beautiful poem.  This is so beautiful!

There must be a poem in here somewhere.

katahdin
since 2010-07-01
Posts 1196
ME. In the Shadow of the Mt.
4 posted 2011-02-08 09:09 PM

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed!
Kat >^..^<

To live is to love
To love is to live

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
5 posted 2011-02-08 09:17 PM

Congratulations and thank you for sharing this beautiful look into your heart. jo
steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

6 posted 2011-02-08 10:07 PM

Jerry, another 39? …now, that would be something to write about… thank you for your good wishes…it is appreciated

Blues, thank you.  Sometimes I read the work of others and wonder if I could ever qualify to write when I have lived such a charmed life.  Your comments are greatly appreciated…thank you for the wishes.

Faith, thank you but it is I who has the greatest fortune…all I can say is when you hang around with such a beautiful soul, some of it has to rub off…it is my good providence to be such a gifted recipient

Kat, thank you…it was good to have some things good to share

Jo, thank you, but if my heart had any possibility of having a beautiful look it would only be because it has reflected a beautiful one in my wife…I am so blessed…thank you for reading and commenting

bel1e
since 2006-07-24
Posts 1631

7 posted 2011-02-09 08:48 AM

Congratulations~~~a fine celebrartion of love~

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
8 posted 2011-02-09 02:20 PM

Methinks this is a very beautiful trio - your poem, born of two beautiful parents - you, who gave birth to it, and your wife without whom you would not have been pregnant!  And they say that only women can give birth!

Your beautiful and charmed life is something for all of us to be delighted about.  And poets are not only born of pain - yes, it is more difficult for a poet to be born of happiness, but you do it admirably.  

Congratulations to you and your wife on your approaching wedding anniversary.  I hope you haven't shown this poem to your wife yet and that you are keeping it for the actual day, on which to give it to her.  

I don't think either of you are lucky.  I think you both deserve each other and the happiness that you have planted and nurtured.

Owl

steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

9 posted 2011-02-09 03:22 PM

thank you, Bel1e..an attitude of gratitude for your congrats...thanks for reading and replying

Owl, I wondered where this weight gain was coming from   Seriously, I do thank you kindly for your more than generous thoughts...you are right--I am not lucky; I am blessed...I will present it to her when we go celebrate our honeymoon (part 38...couldn't afford the first one, so I've been paying for it ever since) ...it's all cool

Richy
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 3050

10 posted 2011-02-11 03:32 AM

Hey congratulations, I bet she'll just love this poem, it was fantastic!

Richard

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
11 posted 2011-02-11 10:56 AM

hi steavenr, thanks for the celebration and the poem both, I love all things you talk about in your poem, every detail glitters with lovely nuances...It was indeed a very enjoyable read.

yann

steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

12 posted 2011-02-11 04:30 PM

Richy, thank you...on so many levels...appreciate you stopping by...thanks

yann, you are very kind...thank you for the warm wishes and the kind words...talk about enjoyable..."every detail glitters with lovely nuances"...cool phrasing on the reviewer's part

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » it's time

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary