navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » sartori
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic sartori Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
secondhanddreampoet
Member Ascendant
since 2006-11-07
Posts 6394
a 'Universalist' !

0 posted 2011-05-07 06:30 PM

sartori

We shall stand together,
present in each moment,
these ancient hills and I
until only they remain
along these grand forest lakes
and pathways to eternity
where multitudinous reflections
of quiet transience in brilliant
  clarity
freely illuminate the universal
  mind.

--- b. e. adams jr. (5/2011)

© Copyright 2011 Bruce E. Adams Jr. - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2011-05-07 07:15 PM

True enough. The ancient hills shall remain with the scent of you lingering. Unless the ancient hills are to be the next ground zero.

~ Logical argument is what destroys poetry because poetry is beyond logic.—Robert Graves ~

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
2 posted 2011-05-08 04:51 AM

you seem to approach eternity with beauty and greatness, thanks bruce for the very enjoyable write.

regards

yann

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
3 posted 2011-05-08 05:32 AM

Your poem is exquisite beyond exquisite, Bruce.  

I can see so clearly through your words, those ancient hills and the grand forest lakes you love so much which will eventually absorb your spirit into them where you will live and breathe forever.  

Even the people who don’t know you, will feel the solemn and sacred blessing of your spirit as they wander there, though they may not know what it is that makes them feel so uplifted.  

I had to look up Sartori.  I rejected that the connection is “sarto” being Italian for “tailor.”  There were 7 Sartori’s of note, a Amalia politician and graduate, Francesco, a composer and musician, Giovanni, a political scientist and there were also some sportsmen and a businessman.  I rejected the sportsmen and the businessman, then quickly rejected Giovanni, and then not so quickly rejected Amalia.  

I settled on believing that Francesco Sartori is the connection, largely, but not solely, because of the duet “Time to Say Goodbye”.  

Owl

secondhanddreampoet
Member Ascendant
since 2006-11-07
Posts 6394
a 'Universalist' !
4 posted 2011-05-08 08:16 AM

Dear, Ms. D. ...

I don't usually comment on the 'meaning' of my titles or 'writes' ... because I believe poetry should be 'universal' and entirely subject to 'private interpretation' ... however, you are quite correct about Francesco's "Time To Say Goodbye" but also, in the Buddhist tradition, 'sartori' is the spontaneous awareness of the true nature of reality.

Regards ... Bruce

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
5 posted 2011-05-10 03:19 AM

Dear Bruce, I read this and ... then I took a deep breath and read it again ... and then its beauty flooded me with all the splendor of the eternal tune that tremors in All there is.

Splendid.

Love,
Margherita

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
6 posted 2011-05-10 12:45 PM

Bruce....the grand mountain will remain and the beauty of the spirit that sees it, will live on in these words.  
Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
7 posted 2011-05-15 01:09 PM

Your words are a first step towards Nirvana, Bruce.
                          Ida

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » sartori

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary