navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Garland of sunbeams
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic Garland of sunbeams Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity

0 posted 2011-03-22 07:33 PM

my tulip in the sun

Garland of sunbeams

Melancholic skies
knock at my windows
but I smile them into
a warm cape of dreams
where sun sparks gather
joyously around my feet.

Rooted in the light
I stand in silent anticipation
of dawn performing
its magic at the horizons
of my longing heart
where the awakening is sweet.

Who is this who climbs
my tree and dances
my branches into life?
I know this unique scent of love
leaving dew drops on my skin
as if I was the lawn
of all of your mornings.

It’s you my son of the sun
who lift me out of the shadows
and generate a transfiguration,
it’s you who grow and expand on me
appealing to the eye and to the soul
like a garland of sunbeams.

Your love weaves the fabric
of my cape of dreams
into fascinating reality.
And no dress fits me better, see,
than your divine radiance
clinging ardently to me
like a garland of sunbeams.

© Copyright 2011 Margherita Rueger - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2011-03-22 08:52 PM

THIS is a wonderful and very happy poem, Margherita. So many poets, myself certainly included, dwell on sadness and the blues to get them through the day. Thank goodness we have poets such as yourself who balance out our somber moods with such a delight as this beauty is.

~ Look hard behind you and you'll be able to maneuver around the pitfalls ahead of you. ~

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
2 posted 2011-03-22 09:20 PM

Thank you, dear Jerry, for your loving generous reply. I am so to say melancholically inclined, but I know the way out ... most of the time . To be aware of not being alone in this world, to be able to love and to reach out, makes us overcome the "blackouts" more easily.

Wishing you well.

Love,
Margherita

dreamgal
since 2011-03-17
Posts 442

3 posted 2011-03-22 09:28 PM

I really.  enjoyed this, Jerry was right I too love to mix up somber and happy poetry
Poetry puts me in a happy place all kinds but even when I write somber ones doesnt mean im neccesarily in a sad place . Good write!

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
4 posted 2011-03-22 09:47 PM

Margherita...light can lift so many things if we let it...washing away the gloom with a speical radiance that shines in this poem.
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
5 posted 2011-03-23 12:39 PM

Margherita, this is macrocosmically (in a philosophical and motivational and healing sense) and microcosmically (in its very specific location outside your window in Italy) splendid, clever, wise and beautiful.  It takes a whole host of people to have created Microsoft programs – but only you to have created this masterpiece.  It deserves to have a huge readership, and all who read it will have their life enriched.  This poem, along with Word Weaver’s poem called “Through Julia’s Eyes” are a way of life that guarantees the strength of character to find joy, happiness and abundant gratitude whatever the circumstances.  

And as memorable (to put it mildly) as your poem is, are especially 2 of the responses – your own and Martie’s.  

“I am so to say melancholically inclined, BUT I KNOW THE WAY OUT... most of the time  . To be aware of not being alone in this world, to be able TO LOVE AND TO REACH OUT, makes us overcome the "blackouts" more easily.”

“light can lift so many things IF WE LET IT...washing away the gloom with a speical radiance that shines in this poem.”

I haven’t thought yet, exactly what, but somehow I want to have easy and immediate access (far more than their being in each of your subfolders in my Pip folder) this poem of yours, Margherita, and that of Word Weaver’s around me – perhaps print them out, have them laminated and put on the wall over my dressing table, yes, I think that is what I will do – but after I have been paid my half a peanut at the end of the month as I have a colour printer and want the photo as well and I need new cartridges very soon.

I am laughing at the inadequacy of “Thank you”, but I don’t know how else to express it!

Owl

Earl Brinkman
since 2010-03-03
Posts 1183
Osaka, Japan
6 posted 2011-03-23 04:32 AM

Having the courage and the belief that one can come through any trouble - as those dark clouds signify and grow in the radiance of the sun - is a lovely thought for these troubled times.
easy1
since 2010-05-22
Posts 1209
Southeastern USA
7 posted 2011-03-23 06:23 AM

Enjoyed reading... nice flower pic, too! Dawn can be such a fascinating clue.
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
8 posted 2011-03-23 09:56 AM

Dear dreamgal, thank you so much for reading and commenting. Life sends us daily challenges and to face them we all have our own ways. Expressing also the sadness allows to start the healing process no doubt.

Dear Martie, thank you from my heart, beautiful soul and Poetess. You do know the source of light that helps you to accept what is.

And now to you, my dear Diana. You said so much more than a simple thank you. I am almost at a loss for words ... thank you for taking the time to comment so richly, so wisely, so generously. Among your many talents is the one that would make you the most efficient and precious critic of literary works ... you have been given the gift of deep insight and of refreshing amazing dialectics.
Thank you for loving my photo too ... oh, I am in need of new cartridges too (they are so expensive really!). It is a honor to know you will print out my thread. Ok ... thank you again. (And yes I loved Marcia's (Word Weaver)poem very much too.

Dear Earl, thank you so much for coming in here with such a loving comment. It is a question of survival actually I believe. If we let the darkness flood us we will most likely be unable to react. These are times of change and I firmly believe, against all odds, that humanity WILL EVOLVE and be able to let love reign, increasing the awareness that we are ONE.

Thank you, dear easy1, oh dawn is inspiring always indeed. One of my personal favorite poems of mine is "The Bringer of Dawn". It is in the archives, maybe you would like to read it: /main/forumdisplay.cgi?action=displayarchive&number=92&topic=002838
I am so happy that you noticed my tulip too.

Love and joy to all.
Margherita

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
9 posted 2011-03-23 10:25 AM

Margherita, I don't know that I deserve those wonderful things you said about my abilities - but whether I do or not, I am in awe of what you said, and you have hit on one of the things that I am absolutely  impassioned about doing and so miss from teaching.  The bigger the class, the more opinions and interpretations to discuss and the more exciting it is.  Unfortunately the poetry club that I run at a children's home is far from the level that I would love it to be at (but I am working at that, very slowly and carefully, so as not to curb the enthusiasm of the children who are disadvantaged children from all sorts of unfortunate circumstances and all writing in their second language, their first language being Zulu).  Thank you for picking up on some of my passions.  

Owl

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
10 posted 2011-03-23 01:51 PM

My dear Margherita Dolphina!!!! You're posting your illustrious poetry again! I don't have to search the archives every time I want a heaping of your heavenly scribes!!!

~ and oh, what a gloriously sunny poem this be! Reading it was a splendiferous way to start my day! It put some rosy pink in my cheeks a bounce in my step.

~ and that photo is gorgeous!

Love you, Margherita la senorita que bonita!

Linda Angelo Terrestre

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
11 posted 2011-03-23 03:13 PM

I just love your garland of sunbeams, dear Margherita.  If anyone is fit to "wear" such a thing then you certainly are.  Stunning picture too!

Love
Helen

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
12 posted 2011-03-23 03:21 PM

quote:
Who is this who climbs
my tree and dances
my branches into life?

Now, I WIHWT...I truly do!

Left me smiling, my friend!

Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
13 posted 2011-03-23 05:51 PM

Thank you for sharing your brilliant light through this poem. You cast light on to my shadows and gave me respite. Bless your heart again and again.
Lori

katahdin
since 2010-07-01
Posts 1196
ME. In the Shadow of the Mt.
14 posted 2011-03-23 08:38 PM

So lovely and uplifting! enjoyed!
Kat >^..^<

steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

15 posted 2011-03-23 10:52 PM

loved the title and how you interwove it into such a spectral write...well done...enjoyed immensely
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
16 posted 2011-03-24 01:46 AM

A pleasure to read and observe...James
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
17 posted 2011-03-24 02:42 AM

Margherita, this is distictively, beautifully your poem.  I feel like I would recognize it as yours anywhere - and I love the photograph.  Both are simply the definition of beauty to me.

Love,
Alison

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
18 posted 2011-03-24 02:43 AM

PS - I love, love, love your profile picture.  I do.
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
19 posted 2011-03-24 01:58 PM

You do deserve everything I said, dear Diana. What you do for these children is priceless, bless you! What about looking for or founding a poetry club of adults whose members would certainly highly profit from your presence (through your poems and discussions …). Thank you again.

My beautiful Linda Angelo Terrestre. Every time I read “Margherita la senorita que bonita” I am given an explosion of smiles and what a healthy explosion it is! Thank you from my heart for your most loving reply. I OWE IT TO YOU that I finally took the pen again and wrote this poem which was waiting to be born. It makes me so happy that you love my poetry and even went to the archives. Now, isn’t that the greatest of encouragements! It is fantastic to have you back, dear Poetess and sweet friend. Big hugs.

Dear Helen, thank you so much for your loving comment. Everyone is able to evoke and wear this special dress of light and its advantage is that its benefits permeate the whole being to the very core. I am happy that you loved my picture too. I have a few others on photobucket under “suissefan”. http://s741.photobucket.com/albums/xx53/Suissefan/

How good it feels to leave you smiling, dear Karilea! Thank you so much for telling me you liked it in that special way. I have learned the meaning of that abbreviation some time ago …

Dear Lori, thank you for your kindness in telling me that you felt the light touch you. The closeness is felt … the garland of sunbeams can be of any length and width to emit and share its healing power.

Thank you, dear Kat, for your loving comment. It was an uplifting experience for me and it fills me with joy that you too felt it.

Dear Steaven, thank you, for your warm reply. It’s nice to count you among my readers.

You must be used to the splendour of flowers, dear James, living in Hawaii! Thank you for your loving comment. The picture is a little bit “flou”, because I held the tulip in one hand trying to keep the sun right behind it and the camera in the other …

Dear Alison girl, thank you so much for your joyous reply. You brought smiles.
I do miss your own sweet picture, but I have long memorized it within my heart.

Love to all.
Margherita

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
20 posted 2011-03-25 11:13 AM

I've been waiting for one of your beautiful poems, Margherita and this one is a joy. Glad you are writing again.
                             Ida

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
21 posted 2011-03-26 06:55 AM

Thank you, dear Ida, it feels so good to absorb your words of appreciation.

I am waiting for your new offerings too, dear Poetess!

Love and hugs.
Margherita

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
22 posted 2011-03-26 12:19 PM

Hello Margherita, It took time for me to rise my mind at your level of poetry, because english was difficult to me, now I can appreciate your mastering of images and words and the beauty well expressed of your talent...I love the idea of the poem which is enlightning and spiritful, these garland of sunbeams that you share with us moved me and made me feel celestial meaning, I enjoyed very much all these gifts of you.

yann

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
23 posted 2011-03-26 12:22 PM

Love all of it but this especially..

"It’s you my son of the sun
who lift me out of the shadows
and generate a transfiguration,
it’s you who grow and expand on me
appealing to the eye and to the soul
like a garland of sunbeams."

That's great poetry!

Eric

true love never looks after it's own interests

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
24 posted 2011-03-26 01:20 PM

It's been a while Margherita.  I come away with a renewed spirit after reading you.  
Your poetry puts a lightness in my step and fills my heart with love.

Hugs, good poetess~

[This message has been edited by BluesSerenade (03-26-2011 05:01 PM).]

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
25 posted 2011-03-26 01:43 PM

Thank you again, for your kind words.  I did actually try to start a poetry-reading club for adults, but the people where I live are too materialistic to be interested in such things.  There was a poetry-reading group many years ago, on the other side of town, run by a woman called Ursula Cox, but when she moved to Johannesburg, it changed drastically and became very boring and artificial and it didn't interest me.

Now, even if I heard of one that I would like, I don't have the time or the money for the petrol to attend.  

But at least I have access to Pip, the best poetry forum I have ever encountered!

Owl

Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest
26 posted 2011-03-26 01:55 PM

This lifted my soul and lighted my day. Thank you my friend!

ooxx  Marti

I do the MS Walk everyday!!

Richy
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 3050

27 posted 2011-03-26 03:06 PM

Dear Margy, this poem and picture are almost as beautiful as your lovely new picture.

Radiant!

Paul Wilson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
28 posted 2011-03-27 10:43 AM

Margherita...I hope the sun continues to shine on you and blesses you with years of great uplifting poetry as this. Enjoyed...Paul

~~To share my poems with you is to share my heart with you~~
Paul

s1nfully_1nn0c3nt
since 2003-10-26
Posts 1105
Watertown, NY
29 posted 2011-03-27 08:33 PM

My favorite bit-

I know this unique scent of love
leaving dew drops on my skin
as if I was the lawn
of all of your mornings.

At the end of this piece, I was left smiling and speechless. Enjoyed.

-Trina
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
30 posted 2011-03-29 11:24 AM

Dear Yann, thank you from my heart for your warm and kind reply. It is a joy to know that my words made you experience their spiritual essence.

Dear Eric, thank you so much for telling me you liked especially that  part, that was indeed the “core experience”.

Yes, dear Lori, it has been quite a while since I posted a poem of mine. So happy that you enjoyed this one and that it made you feel “light”. That’s the gift. Thank you!

And how lucky are we, the Pipsters, to have you sharing your beauty and your wisdom, dear Diana! Thank you always.

Dear Marti, thank you from my heart for your loving comment. May “garlands of sunbeams” always light up your days. Spring is at the door and will enhance this state of wellbeing.

What a lovely thing to say, dear Richy, thank you! And you are one who knows about radiance, as you share it often with us.

Dear Paul, so good to see you back and writing again! Thank you for giving me the joy of such a loving reply. God bless you too!

Thank you so much, dear Trina! Your comment brought a happy smile to me too!

Love to all of you, my dear Poet friends.
Margherita

Amaryllis
since 2010-05-20
Posts 1306
Mi now
31 posted 2011-03-30 12:13 PM

Oh Margherita, such a joy to read you again...I so enjoyed this garland, that I feel it has wrapped its warmth around my heart, so I always wear it..!     Beautiful writing, lovely photo, and what an endearing message. Thanks for this!
Your friend,
Amaryllis

CastleGuard
since 2003-04-30
Posts 760
Alberta, Canada
32 posted 2011-03-30 02:07 AM

Margherita - loved the poem, uplifting and refreshing, even though I sit here in near darkness in front of my laptop, I felt the warmth and light eminating from it. We all need a positive, enlightening view once in a while, and this poem certainly makes that point. Thank you.

CG

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
33 posted 2011-03-30 10:32 AM

Such warm and loving replies from you, dear Amaryllis and dear Castle Guard. Thank you from my heart.

Love and light.
Margherita

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
34 posted 2011-03-30 03:36 PM

Ah, Margherita - you a a constant in a largely upside down world today. Your entire being is dedicated to positiveness and beauty...I always enjoy reading you and your heart felt comments to everyone...

Thanks for being you...

jimmy

Dark Stranger
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-19
Posts 13631
West Coast
35 posted 2011-03-31 09:46 AM

ms mar..

I can see the girl woman of you
running bare foot along the brim
of the boy man of him

lovely work ms

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
36 posted 2011-04-01 11:16 AM

Thank you so much, dear Jimmy, for your loving and kind comment, you touch my heart.

Dear DS, thank you for your sweet interpretation ... yes this sounds good, especially in an ethereal fairy flower dress!

Love,
Margherita

ElizabethMAllen
since 2008-09-11
Posts 3

37 posted 2011-04-02 03:28 PM

How richly fed I am first by your amazing, magical poem dear Mar -- what a gift you have - with words - with hearts and life. And then by all the comments.

I always marvel at how blessed I am by having you in my life.  I would love to see your poetry put into a book.  How it would bless our world.  How you bless our world.

Thank you,
Love,
Elizabeth

ElizabethMAllen
since 2008-09-11
Posts 3

38 posted 2011-04-02 03:31 PM

How richly fed I am first by your amazing, magical poem dear Mar -- what a gift you have - with words - with hearts and life. And then by all the comments.

I always marvel at how blessed I am by having you in my life.  I would love to see your poetry put into a book.  How it would bless our world.  How you bless our world.

Thank you,
Love,
Elizabeth

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
39 posted 2011-04-02 03:58 PM

Elizabeth!!! Oh, my dear friend, what a gift it is to find you in here and with such heart touching words. I am equally blessed to have you in my life, you know that don't you. Thank you for registering here. Pip Poets will love you and your poetry and you will love it too here I am sure.  
I am smiling with all of my heart for this sweet surprise of this Saturday evening (for me ... let me see, it is 10pm here so it is 2pm in Utah I think).
You bless me and I am humbled.
Love and hugs.
Margherita
ps I just realized that you registered back in 2008, so it was about time that you made yourself "manifest". smiles.

"Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love."
(Rumi)

[This message has been edited by Margherita (04-03-2011 08:36 AM).]

Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
40 posted 2011-04-02 11:27 PM

Margherita, I love the idea of being cloaked to perfection, like the lily (where even Solomon was not arrayed like one of these) and I aspire to the vibrance and grace.  You glow in your garment of praise!  Such beauty to share.   ~K
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
41 posted 2011-04-05 09:47 AM

Thank you from my heart, dear Karen, for your beautiful comment!

Love,
Margherita

"Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love."
(Rumi)

EmmaRose
since 2011-03-02
Posts 1376
Midwest
42 posted 2011-04-07 07:42 AM

Such a colossal tribute to a seemingly tiny and fragile treasure that grows in your heart's deep well.
Amazing, how inspiration comes from the most
delicate treasures that grace our outdoor and indoor garden.

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
43 posted 2011-04-17 10:21 AM

Thank you, dear EmmaRose, for your loving comment, you warmed my heart.

Love,
Margherita

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Garland of sunbeams

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary