navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Somewhere Between May And December
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic Somewhere Between May And December Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2009-10-14 11:19 PM

(This is a poetic song I was inspired to write in response to the judgments thrown towards what are known as May-December relationships, where the two consenting lovers (always non-minors obviously) are more than ten years apart in age.

I, myself, am not ashamed to admit that I got my first kiss from someone who was more than ten years older than me, and I have been meeting with a dakini who is fourteen years older than me............because what both have given me is beautiful and has made me happier than I've ever been and has helped me learn to appreciate life at its fullest and to become a more conscious individual. I've always seemed to understand those older than me rather than those in my demographic better anyway.

So I wrote this as a sensual positive affirmation to such consensual relationships, and I believe if you love someone and that special person loves you back, regardless of how old the one you love is (unless he/she is a minor, of course) how can it be wrong? Some may call it a "May-December relationship", but I like to think of consummate love in general as something between May and December! )

Somewhere Between May And December
By: Lisping Hibiscus
10/14/09

Ironing gossamer,
solving satin,
we’re youth and wisdom,
giving and taking ecstatic,
feeling your body rise,
in morning star course,
you keep sharing what is mine,
I keep sharing what is yours...

You’re a ravishing riddle,
of why my heart has beat from the beginning,
that can never be answered,
but you still seduce me into solving…

…every time you go down for me,
I only come up resurfacing for moonlight.
nothing can slow our beating hearts,
trying to iron a fever,
somewhere between May and December…

Verdant, untamed bodies,
soaked in dalliance,
blooming with hot whispers unheard,
myriads of velvet silhouettes,
I’m speaking in your tongue,
your aura is my bedsheet,
surrendering to Samadhi.
just for you I will try and breathe…

of why my heart has been beating from the beginning,

somewhere between May and December,
trying to iron a fever…

You make me feel everything,
until I’m not feeling anything,
then you persuade me stealing breath,
is the secret to breathing easily,
we’re only the age of our hearts,
we’re each as young as our faith,
everything in the air we breathe is timeless,
and our love lives for the day…

of why my heart has beat from the beginning,

trying to iron a fever,
somewhere between May and December...

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

© Copyright 2009 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
GBride
since 2009-07-02
Posts 538

1 posted 2009-10-15 11:20 PM

Provocative!!!
Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2009-10-15 11:28 PM

Yay, thanks for commenting, GBride!

I can understand how this may come across as daring to some, both because of the commentary on a sensitive topic and because of the sensuality, but I just get saddened when I hear of those who genuinely love from the heart get frowned upon somewhat just because they're in relationships with those outside their decade demographic. I'm a believer in living and letting love, and should I meet someone special who happens to be within a few years of my own age, that is beautiful. But sharing genuine affection with someone outside my demographic is beautiful too, and I choose to be honest with myself, follow my bliss as well as encourage others to follow theirs and write from the heart!

Bless you, my friend, have a wonderful rest of the week!

XOXO,
Lisping Hibiscus

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
3 posted 2009-10-19 05:46 AM

Lovely, adorable, Noah.. I so enjoyed your beautiful words... keep smiling us with your wonderful, gifted talents..

Bisous de Sydney
RDB xx

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
4 posted 2009-10-19 09:44 AM

then you persuade me stealing breath,
is the secret to breathing easily,

I love these lines! *S* And I agree... between consenting adults, age is just a number... There can definitely be problems, but if the numbers are right for them, it's no one else's business. *S*

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
5 posted 2009-10-19 08:43 PM

There are so many gorgeous images in here that I can't even narrow down a few to talk about!  Beautiful poetry, Noah.
Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
6 posted 2009-10-21 12:54 PM

Awwwwwwwwwww, thanks Roniece! I hope your final days in Paris were just as joyous as all your others! I can't wait to hear all about them via Facebook chat soon! (huggies)

I'll be completely honest with you..........when I was younger my views on such relationships were significantly different, where I thought the ideal, dream relationship was one where couples were more or less the same age and was "love at first sight". But I now understand this is often a wishful thinking scenario, and ultimately all I truly want is to feel happy and fulfilled, and I believe such gifts transcend age. The dakini I met at the festival made me feel needed, feel comfortable, feel joyous on the inside.........a feeling I truly never felt before beyond my dreams.........and when she offered to keep being my healer and muse, I felt this courage I never had before to say "I'm all-in!".........because there's beauty in vulnerability sometimes and I feel a complete comfort with her I've never felt from anyone else!

So even while it may feel slightly strange being the only male under thirty who regularly attends Portland Tantra Meetup gatherings and such, I'm ecstatic to have found a community that takes me as I am and engages in active listening from the heart all the time. That's truly all I've ever wanted, and why I know all I've been doing is right!

Thank you sooooooooooooo much, dearest friend, yay!

XOXO,
Lisping Hibiscus

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
7 posted 2009-10-21 01:01 PM

Yay, thanks Suthern!

I guess I just felt urgency in writing and posting this here because I'm saddened by how such relationships are often looked upon as taboo, and I'm one who has often been a bit rebellious, a bit of a flirt, and I just felt I had to speak up and reassure all those who have had uneasy second thoughts about May-December relationships that, if they feel loved, if they feel happy, if they don't mind, than it shouldn't matter.

Bless you, my friend, hope you're having a good week so far!

XOXO,
Lisping Hibiscus

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
8 posted 2009-10-21 01:05 PM

Yay, thanks Alwye!

I'm honored to hear you found the images in my poetry enjoyable, because as of late, because I've felt so elated, it's been difficult for me to find words that make justice of the intensity of elation I feel, and that leaves me thinking too hard I guess. But hearing this from you reassures me my words carry!

Hope you're enjoying your week, my friend!

XOXO,
Lisping Hibiscus

Mother Teresa

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Somewhere Between May And December

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary