navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » Zeitgeist
Corner Pub #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Zeitgeist Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

0 posted 2007-12-13 10:54 AM

Zeitgeist

Silence!
                      Shame!
                  Amenities lost!
                  No Hall of Fame!

Who is to blame?
             It was the Spirit of the Time
           and we see our heroes come and go!

Thanks, Mark McGwire,
                  enjoyed the show!

© Copyright 2007 r v wooo - All Rights Reserved
pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
1 posted 2007-12-15 12:32 PM

this steroid business is a slap in the face to the game I grew up loving.

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

2 posted 2007-12-16 09:20 AM

yep, baseball was the game i grew up loving, too. i had heroes and dreams and frailities. didn't have the so call "god given gifts", the chromosomes and their genes, capable of,"naturally", producing an abundance of the "magic" proteins. yep, guess i can blame it all on the lack of "god given gifts". never would make it to baseball's "big leagues", no matter how hard i would try. the chromososomes, the genes, the protein synthesis in my body...it just wasn't there! so, what was god's plan for me and the rest of humanity...if it was not to be baseball?
for Watson and Crick, it was the discovery of the structure of the dna molecule. this was then followed by 50 plus years of advancements in bio-chemistry and understandings of the "truth" of protein synthesis.
my god! i have come to the realization that god is no longer needed in baseball. man has the capability to do it all by himself!
mark mcgwire and the others did not exhibit character flaws. they were only the metaphors in a paradigm shift.

[This message has been edited by r v wooo (12-18-2007 12:01 PM).]

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

3 posted 2007-12-16 09:38 AM

yes, pegasus! i, too, felt the slap but what do we do, now? do we turn the other cheek or do we use the slap as a wakeup call to what is happening in the world around us? i, truly, believe we are experiencing a major shift in the belief in god. god, is! but god is evolving.
pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
4 posted 2007-12-23 07:04 AM

God is not changing. God was, is, ever shall be God. Humans change their beliefs. They lose faith in the one constant in the universe, God. This weakness is exploited by others for their own purposes.No matter that you were not able to play a game at a high skill level. You were blessed with other gifts. How you use these gifts is your decision. God has nothing to do with that.

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

5 posted 2008-01-09 01:45 PM

god is the "whole ball of wax"... the entire universe...all of its matter and all of its energy... with all of its parts working in harmony, evolving and changing forms,
Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
6 posted 2008-02-06 04:26 PM

Enjoyed Hearing your thoughts

ARCTIC WIND

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

7 posted 2008-02-15 09:29 AM

the [artic] arctic wind and the fairy meadow...and interesting person from and interesting place...could you tell me more about yourself and the meadow of your existence? am much intrigued by the arc and the letter "c"...is there a special meaning?

[This message has been edited by r v wooo (02-15-2008 11:29 PM).]

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

8 posted 2010-01-12 10:10 AM

1-11-10...the date doesn't end in zero but in truth. thanks, Mark McGwire...welcome back!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » Zeitgeist

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary