according to dictionary.com
1. Love and pursuit of wisdom by intellectual means and moral self-discipline.
2. Investigation of the nature, causes, or principles of reality, knowledge, or values, based on logical reasoning rather than empirical methods.
3. A system of thought based on or involving such inquiry: the philosophy of Hume.
4. The critical analysis of fundamental assumptions or beliefs.
5. The disciplines presented in university curriculums of science and the liberal arts, except medicine, law, and theology.
6. The discipline comprising logic, ethics, aesthetics, metaphysics, and epistemology.
7. A set of ideas or beliefs relating to a particular field or activity; an underlying theory: an original philosophy of advertising.
8. A system of values by which one lives: has an unusual philosophy of life.
I for one, love these forums...and even though I may at the time disagree, the information, someone else has offered in challenge of my beliefs, is stored and thought about later, perhaps while driving in the car, or while baking, etc.
I've learned a lot and changed my beliefs somewhat because of this forum...
I'm also learning how to articulate myself better through words, without getting my butt in trouble...so that no one might be offended.
thought patterns of other poets, explode into great sources of information, and then there are some in here that teach thought pattern management, which also contributes to a philosophy of knowledge, and how to attain, consider, allow, and change which all help to clear mental pathways, opening doors to many different theories.
I believe this forum is vital for expression as well as learning how to articulate and share beliefs open for discussion.