Saluting with misty eyes
OK, Alli- Let's take each of the points that you have presented.
1) Illegal invasion- then where is the UN censure? being illegal, what would cause 38 nations to join us in the fight? Only 11 nations actually had troops on the ground, however the others sent material, and offered aid in other ways, from munitions and supplies to hospitak ships (the Spanish... who voted against the war in the UN). Besides, Senator Kerry voted FOR the war.
2) The total is over 800 troops at this point... President Clinton also sent troops to their death. President Bush v1.0 sent troops to their death. President Reagan sent troops to their death. President Carter sent troops to their death. Senator Kerry (as a serviceman) sent troops to their death/ Sorry, Alli, however that is the way this whole thing works... there is some national crisis and the president sends young men and women to their deaths.
3) Cutting benefits to the military??? President Bush cannot do ANYTHING that the congress does not allow... and to be completely honest about it, President Bush attempted to send a bill to Congress to increase spending for the military, and THEY cut it. The same thing happened with President Clinton... and it was one Senator John Kerry s who voted for the lack of spending for the military.
Cutting the pay of troops??? Read above. President Bush didn't cut ANYTHING. It was the Congress of the United States that did the cutting... and Senator kerry voted for the cut... and, to be completely honest, My brother is in the Marine Corps, and I have a friend that came home from Iraq WIA... they get the same amount in their pay check now that they got before... except my friend no longer gets combat pay since he is Stateside.
4) Tax cuts for the rich... here we go again. I am no where near the level of being rich... as a matter of fact, according to the numbers that are put out be the Treasury Department, I am barely middle class (actually, I am upper lower class, however the area I live in is depressed, so I do OK), and I got a $500 tax break for each of my kids. I also got a cut in my individual income tax, as well as the taxes I pay for my business... Tax cuts for the wealthy??? hmmmm...
4) This one makes no sense. FIRST you complain that he is cutting spending, then you say he is spending too much... WHAT??? And what would you call too much spending? How much is too much on the defense of your nation?
5) The $87 Billion did NOT go for foreign nations... it went to the troops in Iraq. It was what he asked Congress for in order to fight the war.
As for a national healthcare system... if ANYONE could come up with one that works, and is not goinig to add 17 Billion a year in beuracracy, I would be one of the first people in line to support it. I also don't seem to recall Senator Kerry touting this healthcare system with any specifics. If he can do it, then He will get a look from me. I probably still wouldn't vote for him, however, I would look.
6) 37 Million citizens living in a state of complete poverty. Before bringing this in, I would ask you to find out how many were living in complete poverty BEFORE he took office, and how many of those are Homeless who have no desire to be anything but. (There aren't many, however they do exist). Now, IF the number of citizens in poverty has risen, what is the percentage rate, and how does that numbner rate with any of the other Presidents we have had sitting in the Oval Office?
7) The right to choose vs. the right to life... regardless of who is in office, this will NEVER be settled. Someone is ALWAYS going to be screaming about the outcome. I'm not even going to adress this.
8) 9/11 images... Question... Did 9/11 happen on his watch? Did he have to deal with it? On the homefront, can you find anything to fault his reaction and the way he handled it AFTER the attacks? If he can talk about the booming economy and what he has done to create it, why should he be not allowed to remind people of the strong leadership he presented after 9/11?
9) Appointing John Ashcroft as AG... and this put a burr under your saddle blanket because???? Facts, remember?
10) Using EPA funds to make campaign ads... WHAT????? This is a blatant violation of campaign laws, and he has yet to be called on it. And, somehow, as big an idiot most NJ reseidents think she is, I sincerely doubt Secretary Whitman would allow ANY money to come out of her budget. According to all of the environmental lobbies, there is not enough spent on the Environment, and Secretary Christine Todd-Whitman is going to allow money to be taken out of her budget? This is very hard to believe. I would need REAL proof about this. Not just something that came off of a website, or out of Michaqel Moore's mouth.
11) Proposing to loosen the protection of endangered species... He might have. I honestly don't keep up with such things.
12) He told Congress NOT to give the drug plan, yet he signed it when it came across his desk... hmmmmm......
13) 9/11 to justify ALL of his policies??? I don't believe so. The economy had nothing to do with 9/11 (except for the initial downturn which happens everytime (Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tonkin, Somalia, Beruit, etc). His environmental policies have nothing to do with 9/11.
14) Federal Funds to religeous groups... Almost. He wanted to give federal funding to religeous organizations that provided a benefit to the community (day care for welfare mothers who were working, job training, after school programs for disadvantaged youth, etc.). The local food pantry that supplies food to several hundred families is run off federal funds as well as private and corporate donations. UNFORTUNATELY, it is also run out of the Lutheran Church. Should that food pantry, that feeds a thousand kids, be forced to stop accepting federal monies and, therby, shut down? It isn't just religeous groups (the Masons, The Knights of Columbus, The Knights Templar, etc), it is faith-based programs that are providing a valuable and needed service to their community.
15) Proposing cuts to medicare for Cancer Drugs. Again, he might have. I don't keep up with this.
16) Cutting National Forests... I don't keep up with this.
17) More nuclear weapons? Can you prove this? I have heard NOTHING about it, and his military and defense policies are what I stay abreast of mostly (after the economy).
As for that website... you are accepting ONE persons "facts" even though they have absolutely no proof to back up their claims. That is not the way to make your point, Alli. You made a very admirable presentation here, however there is no indication of where you got the facts, or how they are valid.
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again...