Saluting with misty eyes
Jennifer- As I stated, there was absolutely no intention of insult, and I will apologize for any misunderstanding; however, I would ask you to prove me wrong.
Where have you ever posted anything political that glorified any thought other than that espoused by the liberal democratic wing of the American Federal Government? When have you not posted anything involving a Conservative, or a Republican that wasn't for the sole purpose of showing them in a poor light? When have you ever posted anything positive about anyone or any organization that disagreed with the liberal or Democratic talking points?
By "complete liberal", I am simply showing that- by my feeble recollections of our debates on these pages- your thoughts and opinions as you have expressed them here are completely in line with what the liberal wing of government has shown their thoughts to be.
I have, many times, mentioned that I felt your thoughts were wrong, or misguided, or even completely lacking any merit, yet I have never denied you the right to have those thoughts, nor the right to express them respectfully. If you feel that using the phrase in that light, and with those intentions is an insult, then I would ask that you explain why that would be? Why would you consider the fact that I am respectfully acknowledging that your political opinions are... uh... exactly what they appear to be... an insult? I might be a lowly Conservative and former Republican; however, I don't understand.
Bob- According to whichever website I pulled it off of, the term "liberal" means:
1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2. noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
3. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
4. favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
5. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
6. open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.
a person of liberal principles or views, esp. in politics or religion.
From what I have seen on here, you match most of these definitions. I will apologize if I misread your words.
I did miss the posts where you expressed disappointment at the current administration, as I do not read every post, and as I have not really been in the Alley in a bit. I apologize again for misrepresenting your words, had I done so. Again, no disrespect intended.
As for editing... when last I posted regularly, the posts were not able to be self-edited after 24 hours, and it is gone that.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "WHAT A RIDE