Jejudo, South Korea
it was in a format that did not permit using the search function. You can imagine that, for a study of it, it would be beneficial to be able to type a topic in the search function and allow the computer to bring up those pages relating to the topic.
Now, that's something worth complaining about. It's also something that can be fixed the next time around.
Whether ACORN gets money or not misses the point of what they do. I get it if you want to attack them for fraud (which, if true, should be punished and ... fixed) but the way the word is used above sounds more like a scare word than anything else. OMG, the red shirts are coming, the red shirts are coming!
Speaking of fear mongering (I think it's around here somewhere):
They will die because of scarcity and rationing of medical care.
They will die because of unrestrained abortion and infanticide.
Eventually, I believe, they will die because of hunger and exposure brought on by a collapsed economy ravaged by command-and-control centralization.
But what has clearly died already Ė after just 30 days Ė is the very "democracy" Obama championed and pledged throughout his campaign.
This isn't "democracy," not that democracy should ever be the goal of any true American who reveres the Constitution. It's just the old-fashioned "dictatorship of the proletariat" Ė a Communist euphemism for a war on workers not directly in servitude to the state.
Let's examine some jaw-dropping numbers reported exclusively by WND:
* Before this bill is signed, actual federal obligations are already $65.5 trillion Ė exceeding the gross domestic product of the entire world.
* The Obama administration economic stimulus package is going to force the Treasury to borrow approximately $2.5 trillion in 2009 and another $4 trillion in 2010, with the result of increasing the current $10 trillion national debt by 65 percent in just two years. If the Obama administration increases the national debt by 65 percent every two years, the debt will be $16.5 trillion in 2010 and $27.225 trillion by 2012, the year of the next presidential election.
Let's consider the real meaning of these numbers, courtesy of WND senior staff reporter Jerome Corsi, a trained economist:
* If you had gone into business on the day Jesus was born, and your business lost a million dollars a day, 365 days a year, it would take you until October 2737 to lose $1 trillion.
* $1 trillion dollars divided by 300 million Americans comes out to $3,333 per person.
* One trillion $1 bills stacked one on top of the other would reach nearly 68,000 miles into the sky, about a third of the way from the Earth to the moon.
* Earth's home galaxy, the Milky Way, is estimated to contain about 200 billion stars. So, if each star cost $1, $1 trillion would buy five Milky Way galaxies full of stars.
But you don't need to know all that.
Just let the "experts" in Washington figure it all out for you Ė the ones who are not even reading the bills, the ones who lied to you last year when they campaigned for office, the ones who are hiding this information from you even today.
After all, as Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., explains: The American people don't care.
Actually, check out Yglesias, he has a poll showing a plurality of Americans in favor of -- choke, gasp -- socialized medicine.
Also, the article on Schumer in the Atlantic is interesting. He wants the Dems to shift to the middle class, the 'real' middle class.
I apologize for sounding facetious but honestly isn't there anybody else out there that thinks thirty days is, well, a month?
47 to 95 remain.