Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
I don't get that last post, Mike. Would you reenlist because of a Commander and Chief?
No, Brad, you missed the point. If there are those who are going to blame Bush for the necessity of having a large army, as if saying without Bush there would have been no further terrorists attacks to worry about, North Korea would not be pursuing nuclear weapons, Iran would not be calling for the destruction of Israel and the demand to have nukes, then one must also blame (or recognize) Bush as the reason military levels are surpassing their own goals during the same period of time with re-enlistments.
The minimum wage? The Democrats will certainly pass that, as it is a popular thing with citizens and is basically a moot point, since 29 states have already passed it on their own. Iraq? Oh, yes. The Democrats have been saying for years now that it was a mistake and we are doing everything wrong. Well, let's see what they do now that they run things. Let's find out what their decisions are. As I said in my statement, I see them doing nothing different and blaming it on Bush for having screwed everything up beyond repair.
What are some of their promises? Well..........
- Democrats promise to deliver high speed internet access to all Americans in five years.
- They promise scholarships aimed at producing 100,000 new scientists, mathematicians and engineers in the next four years. (According to House Speaker Elect, Nancy Pelosi, the U.S. will graduate 70,000 engineers this year, while India and China will graduate more than 1 million.
- Democrats promise to reinstate PayGo, or Pay As You Go legislation. This means, before a new spending program can pass, Congress will have to deliver its funding through equal spending cuts elsewhere, or tax increases, or combination of both, to pay for the new program. While not promising to end deficit spending, the PayGo rules for Congress will presumably slow the rate of growth in the national debt.
- Democrats promise to reduce our dependency on foreign oil imports.
- They promise oversight hearings and tighter controls over wasteful spending.
- Howard Dean has promised to sever ties to lobbyists.
- Democrats promise to increase to two years the time a Congress person must wait from leaving office to becoming a hired gun for lobbyists.
- They promise a change in course in Iraq.
The Democrats appear, according to a new poll, to be making a lot of the right promises to appeal to the moderate, centrist, and independent voters who elected them, save one. Democrat's illegal immigration solutions don't appear to be currying favor. http://www.voidnow.org/2006/11/13/democrats_promises_expectation.php
Exit polls from the election showed 3/4 of voters said corruption and scandals were very, or extremely, important to them. so what has happened? Pelosi puts Alcee Hastings as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. You should be able to hear florida laughing all the way to Michigan. We know Hastings. He's our boy. Hastings was impeached and removed from office by a Democratic congress for corruption and perjury in 1989. He became only the sixth Judge in the history of United States to be removed from office by the United States Senate. THAT is Pelosi's choice and how she answers citizens concerns on corruption. Seen any of our mainstream news agencies dwell on that? Nope....what a surprise Well, if Alcee wants to continue his career of taking bribes, he will be in a good spot.