"They thought they had flipped their butts safely onto cement, but smelled smoke about 20 minutes after going back into the house."
This, from our local paper yesterday: two teens smoked outside, under their carport. They flipped the cigarette butts out (safely onto the concrete they thought) then went back inside. POOF, in minutes, their carport and boat, plus part of the neighbors home went up in smoke.
And while this may read funny as it was printed, it's one of my main concerns with my neighbors, who smoke and then flip their butts all over the place, sometimes in the dirt, sometimes in a container, sometimes...next to the dried remains of plants next to 'the communal porch' that are dying from intense sunlight and neglect.
GRRRRR...ranting here, and wondering if I should start flipping careless smokers butts...literally...onto the concrete