British Columbia, Canada
Good gracious Serenity! That sounds like a buffet at a country club! Holy calories! I can't speak for anyone else up here in Canada, but I am cooking the dinner and having it tomorrow for my family. We enjoy the leftovers on Monday (just tradition.)
So here is our Bill Of Fare for din din:
- Turkey - 12.8 kg (big bird,) and don't ever use those words in front of small children as they think you cooked the Sesame Street bird!
- Orange Brandy Cranberry sauce for the adults, and canned for the munchkins.
- Stuffing (pinenuts, cranberry, and yup, moose sausage, onion, celery, sage, summer savory, french bread cubed, butter, and some old cognac.)
- Vegetables: brussel sprouts, califlower in 5-cheese sauce, carrots, two types, turnip, garlic green beans, tiny corncobs, (Tori's favorite,) Two yam casseroles, mashed potatoes, tiny roasted potatoes.
- Home-made buns, pumpkin cheesecake, and pumpkin pie with whipping cream. We take the pumpkin thing seriously as we need the pumpkins for the doorway.
Now for the best part ...
I spend the day with my family and after dinner we go to a movie!
I do the Martha trick to the turkey too, decorating it under the skin with whole spices in a design just to show off, and heck they just "eat it up!"