Member Rara Avis
My bone marrow transplant or stem cell transplant actually will be put off for at least another month. The incision on my lower spine I had in June still hasn't healed.
I've had a ortho-spine specialist out here taking care of it because Chicago's a 2 hour + drive for me each way. So when I had appointments with others out there the original surgeon agreed to squeeze me in and take a look the wound that's not yet healed since June. Well I went in, and his nurse came in, and he was in the room next to me, and he never came in. However, he did call the transplant people and told them I was fine to go ahead with transplant.
GRRRRR!!! When I talked with my transplant doc I told them this, they weren't very happy as he himself had already seen the incision. He decided NO WAY, so pushed off another month or so to see where were at. So until then, it's tide me over with chemo.