Member Rara Avis
To all my friends who have kept up the prayer vigil. Thanks. As Marsha said we are currently between a rock and a hard place. However, it is not as bad as she has made out. The surgeon is reluctant to operate because it maybe the tumor won't grow and he knows Jay will definitely lose his sense of smell and possibly some his visiion if he operates now. If the tumor, which is benign, does grow and begins to press on the optic nerve or on the pitutary gland surgery may be the only way to address the problem but for now there are still anti-convulsant drugs that may work so the surgeon is trying those first. His sight and endrocine system has yet to be tested and we are waiting for the test results before we pursue surgery more vigourously. Sorry if this sounds muddled we have been given lots of information. Basically the message is this the Neursosurgeon believes it is better to wait and monitor and commit to surgery only if it becomes absolutely necessary.
Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind. Unknown