Actually I have to refute a few questions, um, like the last, number 20? "What's that bug that rolls into a ball when you touch it?"
Everybody knows that is a "doodle-bug". sigh
"19. What's a drive through liquor store called?"
"Closed until after election time" er, no?
18.What's the night before Halloween called?
"er? the night before Halloween? and hey! I'm a witch!
17. What's it called when you throw toilet paper over a house?
Weird! I've never done that, never seen it done, and I have had many a bored and wasted moment too.
er...like this one
16. Coke is a univerally recognized term for all soda. Just as tampex is recognized for the generic term for women's sanitary products. I hereby rest my, um...case.
15. "Where might you get water in a public building?" Well, DUH. I thought water fountain just might be a good answer. (shaking my head now)
14. I generally thought that the job description of "grocery bagger" was because somebody stood there and put your groceries in a bag. But then, that was a decade ago, before the ecologically sound people decided that it made better sense for us to grapple with canned goods in the hems of our shirts/skirts etc. Or pay 12 extra cents for plastic and, er, YEAH, "bag" it ourselves. But somehow my "bag" answer made me more, um, southern. Go figger.
13. "What's that road along an Interstate highway?"
I thought, it's generally where we'd like to be. But somehow my answer of "service" road has placed me in a Dixie percantile irreversible.
12. "What is spread onto the tops of cakes?"
Gee, I thought this was safe. As in the well known term, "the icing on the cake" but NO--my answer deemed me "All of southern U.S., and Midwest except Great Lakes area" Guess that leaves out them michigan yanks, who likes their stuff so FROSTED they choose to live under six feet of the stuff for half the year. Heh. grin
11. " What do you call gym shoes?"
My answer was "gym shoes". They didn't leave me much space for creativity there. Again.
10. "What's the tiny lobster that crawls around in creek bottoms?"
sigh. Now how loaded a question is THAT?
9. What's that long sandwich with lots of cold cuts and toppings?
Everybody knows that is a "po-boy" and if you want lettuce, pickles and tomatoes, then you'd best order your po-boy, "dressed".
8. "What kind of sale is it on the front lawn?"
I have never heard of a "tag" sale in my life. The rest is known as "desperation".
7. Hey. Ya'll is a perfectly acceptable term now recognized by most of the free world. Thank god for suthernahs.
5. sigh...ask a bunch of poets what rhymes with route? smile...I hope for creative answers.
4. Pyjamas? how about REALLY BIG T SHIRT?
3. Creek and crick...more rhyming noise. Stop it already.
2. I have never asked for a "car-mel" sunday in my life. Give me some freaking CA-Ra-Mel and I might shut up long enough to make "mmmmmmm" noises though.
1. Ant Mary, Aunt Mary, who gives a damn, as long as Aunt Mary ain't actually yer momma in an episode of Jerry Springer, exposed as Uncle Larry, then you ain't actually suthern, son.
98% Dixie MAH ASS!