Sitting in Michael's Lap
Thank you for all of your suggestions! And shame on those of you who used my thread to revive the Pickle debate ... LOL
OK, I'll try and do this by the numbers ...
1) acire: My nearest family members are 3000 miles away ... and Michael's, though closer, are all insane (in a BAD way).
2) Sven: We have no museums in the area to speak of, and definitely no University ... and our excuse for a "coffee house" is a 200 sq ft. hole-in-the-wall with NO A/C (did I mention it gets to be 100 degrees on a regular basis here in the summer...?)
3) Just a Woman, Whtdove: Alas, we have depleted our local video store with one of those "rent all you want for a flat monthly fee" memberships ... if we wanted to rent something we haven't seen, it would most likely have subtitles or be rated X ... LOL
4) Dopey: no mall around here ... and how many "thirtysomething" mall rats have YOU seen lately..?
5) SEA: Yeah, we do enough of what you didn't say ... LOL The gardening, hiking, and fishing we do on occasion as well ... problem is, though we live in a beautiful area, most of the really neat places are inaccessible to the public ... there are NO nice national parks around here except for Red Rock Canyon, which is a desert and basically not too feasable for the summer ... sigh. And books -- I've read every one I own (at least once, many twice!)
6) Dopey (again): Sigh
7) Allan: We do! In the last month, we have beat Might and Magic VII about 3 times, M & M VI about 4 times, Icewind Dale once, and Baldur's Gate (well, got bored with that one, didn't quite finish)
8) Marshalzu: we don't have a dog, but we DO have a kitty who would likely be a bit upset if we decided to get one!
9) faterider: At least 10-12 hours a day LOL
10) Child of the Stars: Good idea, but Michael won't participate in anything visually artistic!
11) Kamla: So what you're trying to say is that you ignore study...? Tsk, tsk ... BTW, is Diablo II any good? We have the first one ...
12) catalinamoon: We're two hours from the nearest beach, and I HATE champagne (even in the morning ... LOL)
13) Elizabeth: I'm not really sure ... personally I think it's a fairy tale but the bill collectors keep insisting that it's real ...
14) bslicker: Nice! But what, may I ask, is a "mexician" fireplace..?
15) Paula: see above on the dog issue ... kitty would NOT like the water LOL. And cooking and baking produce DISHES ... eeew! hehe
16) anonymousfemale: No piano, sadly, and still no museums here ... sigh.
Thanks again folks, this was fun!
... what if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about ...?
[This message has been edited by Skyfyre (edited 05-26-2001).]