Lansing, MI USA
YOU JUST MIGHT BE FROM MICHIGAN IF....
1. You have ever been sunburned and frostbitten in the same week.
2. You point to a spot on the palm of your right hand when telling people where you're from.
3. You can explain the difference between yoopers, trolls and fudgies.
4. Owning a Japanese car was a hanging offense in your hometown.
5. You learned to pilot a boat before the training wheels came off your bicycle.
6. You know that a place called Kalamazoo actually exists.
7. You know someone who was Asparagus Queen at a county fair.
8. Someone says "down south" and you think of Toledo.
9. Your family breaks into violence during the MSU/UM football game.
10.You define summer as three months of bad sledding.
11.You had to recite "By the Shores of Gitchee-goomie" for your 7th grade English class.
12.You drive 80 mph on the freeway and always pass on the right.
13.The trees in your yard have spigots.
14.You have as many Canadian coins in your pocket as American.
15.Coast-to-coast means Port Huron to Muskegon.
16.You know how to play Euchre.
17.You are not fazed by a traffic sign saying "Snowmobile Crossing."
18.You bake with "soda" and drink "pop."
19.You have no problem spelling names like Mackinac, Tahquamenon and Ypsilanti.
20.The Big Three are either Ford, Chrysler and GM or Domino's, Little Caesar's and Hungry Howie's.
21.You know that it's usually warmer in Hell than in Paradise.
22.You go "up north" for the weekends.
23.Your child's ball game has been snowed out.
24."Submarine" is a sandwich and "Big Mac" is a bridge.
25.You used to believe Ernie Harwell when he said that the fly ball that went into the stands at Tiger Stadium was caught by a man from Warren.
26.You don't have coughing fit after a sip of Vernors.
27.You know all the lyrics to "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."
28.You visit Florida and are frustrated because the newspapers there don't report hockey scores.
29.You refer to Kalamazoo, Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor as K-zoo, Ypsi-tucky and A-Squared.
30.You thought Alkaline batteries were named after a Detroit Tiger outfielder.
31.You know all the lyrics to "Take This Job and Shove It."
32.You think that having clogged sinuses is normal.
That which gives light must endure burning