Member Rara Avis
This has to be one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever made in my life! I almost chickened out and didn’t do it, it was so tough! But… so many of you surprised me (some more than others, though I won’t mention any names Karilea…*ahem*) Anyway, here’s my list…
First, I want to say that Ron would have been on my list if were not for two things. First, how in the world would anyone expect Passions to survive two whole months without him??? And secondly… because he’s a natural leader. And I want that spot! Hmmph!
- Sharon - Aside from being a very close friend, Sharon has the best ideas in the world! And she has them all the time! How this woman does it, I don’t know. But I have yet to hear a bad idea come out her lips! So Sharon would be our answer to boredom and desperate situations. I’d imagine she’d probably come up with some way to get high-speed Internet access onto the island. And a woman that can do that… I want her on my team! Besides… she promised to be my pillow!
- Nicole - Aside from being the one who promised to fund the trip in the first place (don’t try to deny it Nic…) She also promised to bake chocolate chip cookies. I’m not above bribery… Seriously, a better friend and nicer person would be hard to find. She has an amazing amount of patience when it comes to dealing with me and that’ll prove a virtue on the island… ‘cause I have zero patience. She’d be the one to keep me in line. (No, it’s ‘cause of the chocolate chip cookies…)
- Abrahm - He’s da man. Quick (unless he’s been up all night playing games… which would be a moot point on a deserted island…) and witty and full of energy. Basically… Abe would be my lackey. Not really different from here. Seriously, Abe is a great guy, with a smart-alec ‘tude that shows he’s quick on his feet. Aside from the endless pranks we can pull on the others of our group, Abe will serve well as bait. If he’s quick enough, we can get more than one use out of him!
- Karilea - Because she depends on me for everything and it would be nigh unto cruelty to leave her all by her lonesome. I don’t think she could survive long without me! Seriously, she’s another kind heart. But thrown in there is an acerbic wit (that I’m sure few have seen save me… she saves all the “good” stuff for me, I just know it!) And since she’s in the legal field, if we’re ever attacked by a tribe of cannibal pygmies, we can make her talk to them in lawyerese. I have no doubt that after a few moments of that, those poor islanders will be running (paddling) for their lives. (And if that doesn’t work... there’s still Abe.)
- Kamla - Kamla, I have to take. Not because she’s also one of the best friends I have. Not because she’s incredibly intelligent and (sometimes) kind-hearted. Not because she would drive everyone batty asking silly questions about inconsequential things. Not because she’d complain day in and day out about the weather, the sleeping conditions, the food, lack of tea. Not because we’d probably end up eating her after a couple of days. No, none of that. I’d take Kamla because she’d kill me if I didn’t!
There are so many, I think I’ll just have to make the island retreat a regular thing. That way I can take different people each time! Ok, so who wants to book the next trip…?
-Oh, and as much as I hate to say it… I have to agree with Sven. That’s ok, I’ll take my own side of the island. With my luck, it’d be a beach resort with tons of people, good food and good booze. I’d probably end up forgetting about poor Sven there in the dirt, lost and lonely, trying his best, but still digging for worms.
[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited 08-28-2000).]