These were sent to me in an email...I am not sure if they are true or false (one of the ones I deleted before posting said Susan Lucci is Phyllis Diller's mother!). So, help me out...true or false?
1. Money isn't made out of paper, it's made out of cotton.
2. The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of varieties of pickle the company once had.
3. A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
4. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
5. The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle.
6. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.
7. A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
8. A duck's quack doesn't echo.
9. Every person has a unique tongue print.
10. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
11. During the chariot scene in 'Ben Hur' a small red car can be seen in the distance.
12. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
13. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
14. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
15. Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
16. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first class.
17. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
18. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
19. The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.
20. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan, there was never a recorded Wendy before!
21. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors, also, it took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisa's lips.
22. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original Halloween was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
23. An old law in Bellingham, Wash., made it illegal for a woman to take more than 3 steps backwards while dancing.
24. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
25. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!
[This message has been edited by Poet deVine (edited 10-22-2000).]