1) Any and all soap operas, be they daytime or prime time. If I'm sooooo bored that I'm channel surfing (easy feat with 4 channels, one in Spanish, to choose from), if I even see the inkling of a soap, or item 2, I switch off and play solitaire.
2) Trash talk shows. Montel is ok some of the time, and Ophrah has her book club, but I really can't stand any of the other formats. The only time I will tune in is when I'm feeling very depressed and blue. Seeing people even dweebier than me goes no end to cheering me up.
3) Any show where a boy and his favored domesticated animal save the day.
4) Any show where some bored, nosey geriatric pokes around and meddles with other people's lives in the smallest town with a crime rate higher than L.A. in the middle of a long, hot, humid summer.
5) Infomercials. Now, I like the Cleo Awards, and I like seeing some commercials. I don't like seeing commercials 24/7. And especially not the same infomercial looped for several hours.
6) Networks that try to do a football play-by-play with national politics.
7) Had to add one after I submitted. Any Hispanic show. The soaps are reminiscent of US soaps back in the 70's, the primary sports are soccer (GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and wrestling, again in the 70's style, although you can find a few throwbacks to the 60's. If you really want to see the 60's and 70's, check out their commercials. No matter what the product is for, there will always be at least one bikini clad model lounging on something. All talkshows contain at least one blonde on the panel. Same with news broadcasts. Crud, seems like I have a morbid fascination here. When I can't find the cards, and I don't feel like being on the computer, I'll turn on La Munda, or Univision. It's like watching a bad wreck. *shudder* P'raps I just need to get out more, but it's kinda hard in this area.....most of the people speak Spanish, so I'm right back in La Munda or Univision.........
That's about it for now.....now where did I put that pack of cards.....
[This message has been edited by Alicat (edited 03-02-2001).]