Rules for meeting poets.
1. Never pump gas after it goes dark.
2. Play scrabble incessantly and make up new words as often as possible.
3. Always buy good liquer.
4. Remember your sense of humor.
5. Write something if you get the chance.
6. Remember that they are as crazy as you are.
7. Never assume a poet to be sane.
8. ummm did I mention have liquer?
9. oh yeah, don't worry if something weird happens to the plane door on the day they try to leave.
10. buy extra food. they eat sometimes. that's if they can detatch themselves away from your computer long enough.
11. if they get lost, don't be shy. page them. chances are they are looking at books to buy.
12. make sure you know how to make coffee. they will need it in the morning to get over their hangover.
13. buy alcohol. specifically wine coolers, beer, and hard liquer.
14. remember how much fun drunk people are to watch.
15. play scrabble. in their drunkenness, they tend to make up funny words with funnier meanings.