Near golden sunsets
1. A sharp or tapered end.
2. An object having a sharp or tapered end.
3. A tapering extension of land projecting into water; a peninsula, cape, or promontory.
4. A mark formed by or as if by a sharp end.
5. A mark or dot used in printing or writing for punctuation, especially a period.
6. A decimal point.
7. In linguistics, a vowel point.
8. One of the protruding marks used in certain methods of writing and printing for the blind.
9. In mathematics, a.) A dimensionless geometric object having no properties except location. b.) An element in a geometrically described set.
10. a.) A place or locality considered with regard to its position. b.) A narrowly particularized and localized position or place; a spot.
11. A specified degree, condition, or limit, as in a scalre or course.
12. Any of the 32 equal divisions marked at the circumference of a mariner's compass card that indicate direction.
13. a.) A distinct condition or degree: as in finally reached the point of exhaustion. b.) The interval of time immediately before a give occurrence; the verge.
14. A specific moment in time.
15. An objective or purpose to be reached or achieved, or one that is worth reaching or achieving.
16. The major idea or essential part of a concept or narrative.
17. A significant, outstanding, or effective idea, argument, or suggestion.
18. A separate, distinguishing item or element; a detail.
19. A quality or characteristic that is important or distinctive, especially a standard characteristic used to judge an animal.
20. A single unit, as in counting, rating, or measuring.
21. a.) A unit of academic credit usually equal to an hour of class work per week during one semester. b.) A numerical unit of academic achievement equal to a letter grade.
22. In sports and games, a unit of scoring or counting.
23. a.)A unit equal to one dollar, used to quote or state variations in the current prices of stocks or commodities. b.) A unit equal to one percent, used to quote or state interest rates or shares in gross profits.
24. One percent of the total principal of a loan, paid up front to the lender and considered separately from the interest.
25. In music, a phrase, such as a fugue subject, in contrapuntal music.
26. In printing, a unit of type size equal to 0.01384 inch, or approximately one-twelfth of an inch.
27. A jeweler's unit of weight equal to 2 milligrams or 0.01 carat.
28. a.) The act or an instance of pointing. b.) The stiff and attentive stance taken by a hunting dog.
29. a.) Needlepoint. b.) See bobbin lace.
30. a.) A reconnaissance or patrol unit that moves ahead of an advance party or guard, or that follows a rear guard. b.) The position occupied by such a unit or guard.
31. In sports, either of two positions in ice hockey just inside the offensive zone near the boards, usually assumed by defenders attempting to keep the puck in the offensive zone.
32. In basketball, a position in the forecourt beyond the top of the key, usually taken by the point guard.
33. a.) An electrical contact, especially one in the distributor of an automobile engine. b.) In British, an electrical socket or outlet.
34. The extremities of an animal, such as a horse or dog.
35. a.) A movable rail, tapered at the end, such as that used in a railroad switch. b.)The vertex of the angle created by the intersection of rails in a frog or switch.
The American Heritage® Dictionary © 2000
And I was just assuming you simply meant a noun, because you used the definite article 'the' which usually precedes a noun. I guess I could be safe and type out all the verbage. But, I'm not quite THAT bored. Now, it's just a matter of which of those 35 you were referring to. You weren't all that clear. *grins*