navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » Tender & Tearful
Open Poetry #38
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tender & Tearful Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA

0 posted 2006-06-16 10:38 AM

(Anniversary of the Saddest Day of my Life)
             June 15,2006

A day of Sad Significance
Has been observed by me,
A Year had passed since LINDA died
A mournful year, indeed!

I have never cried so much
And shed so many tears,
As in the past three-sixty-five
In my 56 years.

It was a year ago today
My greatest loss sustained,
Her weakened body fought no more
Thus the Death Angel came.

How numbed with shock we all were then
It was beyond belief,
But with a full year having passed
How clear and strong the Grief.

To her grave site, compelled to go
As by Love's force unseen,
I did resort to honor her
And all that she had been.

So after a four hour trip,
At sunset, I arrived,
There in solitude I knelt
And feeling so deprived.

The dammed up tears did overflow
How tendered was my heart,
Here on these very sacred grounds
The Truth will not depart.

I'm thankful for 34 years
We lived as man and wife,
Which to me now, seems but a dream
As I go on with life.

WE need such tender times as these
Though difficult they be,
To help us find our bearings true
Our way to find and see.

Thus on this Anniversary
Blessings, I sadly count,
And grieve alone the loss sustained
And Thanks to God account.

["The LORD giveth and the LORD taketh away,
Blessed be the name of the LORD."]

Every Day's a Blessing
And Gift-Wrapped from Above,
Share it with another
And Spread the Father's Love!!!

May You come to Know His Best Blessing

© Copyright 2006 David L. White - All Rights Reserved
Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
1 posted 2006-06-16 10:50 AM

Oh David, this is so sad but lovely at the same time. Reminds me of the love between my father and mother, and how his heart went with her when she passed at only 47 years of age.  May the Lord bless you with all the good memories and the knowing that she is in a better place with Him.

hugs, Chris

Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.
~Carl Sandburg

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

2 posted 2006-06-16 10:53 AM

WE need such tender times as these
Though difficult they be,
To help us find our bearings true
Our way to find and see.

I'm so sorry for your loss, yet, beauty abounds, surrounds and enhances forever more...

beautiful

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 2006-06-16 11:32 AM

deleeme

I understand how important these anniversaries are....your feelings so well expressed.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
4 posted 2006-06-16 02:31 PM

David~
I can feel the sorrow of your loss on this anniversary of continuing remember~

Just beyond the gates of Heaven .... Linda quietly waits for the eventual coming of you and your foreverly love~

Sending you , my friend~

In His comfort may you be held~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -       noles1@totcon.com     

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
5 posted 2006-06-16 04:44 PM

a very touching write
JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
6 posted 2006-06-16 05:16 PM

"The dammed up tears did overflow
How tendered was my heart,
Here on these very sacred grounds
The Truth will not depart."

Beautiful write.

JL

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
7 posted 2006-06-16 05:46 PM

David,

I have read your poem several times already, but, because we've been sharing our poems with each other so long and because you've become like family to me, I had a very very hard time responding... I can only imagine the sorrow that you must be going through.

I am thankful though and most honored that your chose to share your feelings here and I do hope and hold onto faith that sharing here will bring you some form of comfort and perhaps bring you a bit closer to resolution of your feelings of such tremendous loss. I love you as a Christian brother, thank you again for sharing, and God bless you, David. God bless you.

-Bob

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
8 posted 2006-06-16 05:57 PM

(((David)))

With you,touching your shoulder. martyjo

jody5
since 2005-12-21
Posts 876
California, U.S.A.
9 posted 2006-06-16 06:05 PM

May the Lord give you the Strentht to continue and may Your heart find confort in his grace.  Beautiful Write.

Huggs Kimberly

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
10 posted 2006-06-16 07:27 PM

This leaves me almost speechless, David.  The birthdays, annivesaries and holidays seem to refresh the loss as we remember the special times.  You've penned you feelings so truthfully, I can't help but experience them with you.  Thank you for sharing this tender, touching piece.

May God bless you always,

Rae

Dennis L. White
since 2000-02-17
Posts 1463
Michigan, U.S.A.
11 posted 2006-06-24 09:26 PM

Dear brother David, I know your sorrow and I grieve your loss also. Linda was a special person who enriched the lives of those she came in contact with. I know she was a blessing to you and your void is great but please know, you are not alone. You have many friends and family that seek the very best for you while grief runs its' course, and our prayer is that joy will return to you. Peace unto you dear brother, Dennis
Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
12 posted 2006-06-24 10:07 PM

Thank you for sharing these moments.  You
will find you are far from alone because
there are many others who have these feelings
from experiences that are so similar and
too frequent.

Street Heart
since 2002-09-05
Posts 349
Pennsylvania,USA
13 posted 2006-07-13 09:47 AM

David,
   I wanted to let you know how much I let this into my heart and truly share with you...your feelings of loss,your searching for strength and acceptance of what unfortunately is a part of this life as we know it.I'm sorry that we just haven't "connected" recently...and that is mostly my fault.Really...not to use this as any excuse...but it's interesting how we simply move into avenues which in many ways are just states of being "detached" in order to cope...that pouring yourself into "now" and finding solace in keeping busy sometimes is just a condition of distraction enabling us to numb the pain and find a way to make life "work" somehow.Personally,I look at my surroundings...and wonder how I got to this completely different life that I now know, how I got to where I am both geographically and life-wise.I know that I am still the same person,but I am also different...and I have met many new friends,many of which who really don't know what I have gone through,so therefore really don't know who I am.But regardless,somehow I have found strength in this current "now".I then realize that life deals out pretty much the same pains to all of us...somehow and sometime we all have to experience loss and pain and death...and the strength that we find can only be found by letting God and our friends into our "realms"...and finding that we are all enabled with strengths within ourselves that are honed on a day-by-day basis.Every day that goes by allows me to share with others,to hopefully enrich and/or support another's life and help them through whatever it is that they happen to be going through.
   I said this before to you:"Linda is still with you and is a large part of who you are.You may not be able to "hear" her,but she is still there with you regardless." Take strength in that and the knowing that you had many years together that were truly beautiful and rare...something many either take for granted or never have experienced.Every beat of your heart is an affirmation of Love that will always exist.That Love is alive and well.In my own rememberance of that,I truly come to know myself...I know that my heart is real,and that in itself makes all the difference.

Peace,Geoff      

If a man has not discovered something he is willing to die for,his life is not worth living.

Martin Luther King,Jr. Detroit,1963

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
14 posted 2006-07-13 09:49 AM

David,

All I can do is keep you and yours in my prayers...

always remember her love for you.

Hugs,

K

Joyce Johnson
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
15 posted 2006-07-13 10:46 AM

You have been in my prayers for the past year and before.  It is good to be able to express your sorrow.  Love, Joyce
aziza
Member Elite
since 2006-07-09
Posts 2995
Lumpy Oatmeal makes me Crazy!
16 posted 2006-07-13 11:08 AM

My heart goes out to you.  You shared so much of your life with a person who meant so much to you -- I can only imagine how much you miss her now.  There are times that words do fail me; I am a bit at a loss to explain how deeply you have impacted me this morning.

You reminded me to hug more, to forgive more, and to enjoy this moment I have with those I love.

Your poetry is here in my heart as I start my day.

Thank you and know that I am thinking of you.

aziza

ambivalence
since 2006-07-13
Posts 15
Canada
17 posted 2006-07-14 02:31 AM

Powerful.
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
18 posted 2006-07-15 07:26 AM

FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU,
Who have so kindly and sympathetically joined with me in my grief, I THANK GOD.
Thank you all, for all the solace you give, the love you extend, and the hope you you share.
I am NOT ALONE! I am blessed to be in such a warm caring, embracing community as this!

Thanks so much,
  David

Every Day's a Blessing
And Gift-Wrapped from Above,
Share it with another
And Spread the Father's Love!!!

May You come to Know His Best Blessing

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
19 posted 2006-07-18 09:51 AM

Your love for her shines in every line... even when the shine is glisten of tears. Beautiful, beautiful.
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
20 posted 2006-07-20 01:00 AM

Beautiful writing of your shared love...hugs...James
Danie Franklin
since 2005-12-05
Posts 68

21 posted 2006-07-20 02:20 AM

Deleeme,

I cry with you as I read and know that she awaits you with all of our famly members that have passed on to the best place in the universe up by Gods side. They watch over us and fold us in their arms of comfort as we cry.She will always be at your side helping to guide you in your life and will help you with your grieving time. Just remember her always dear, as she will remember you.
That is the most beatiful tribute and as I wipe my tears I send you hugs of comfort and support.
Danie

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » Tender & Tearful

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary