navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » Whosoever heareth shall call
Open Poetry #38
Post A Reply Post New Topic Whosoever heareth shall call Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
luminosity
since 2005-11-18
Posts 813

0 posted 2006-05-23 02:46 PM

Deeply unquenched I thirsted
    He called

Living water He offered
    I drank

To those who thirst    

I call

...John 4:13

[This message has been edited by luminosity (05-23-2006 04:10 PM).]

© Copyright 2006 luminosity - All Rights Reserved
El_Campeador
since 2003-01-29
Posts 761
Ohio, USA
1 posted 2006-05-23 04:29 PM

Me too... The only problem is, that the world so often confuses following Christ with religion. I think that one of the best things we can do is live as examples that following Christ is not a religion but a relationship...

Ben

“We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” –Robert Louis Stevenson

luminosity
since 2005-11-18
Posts 813

2 posted 2006-05-23 05:01 PM

thanks ben, and yes I know, that is the reason I made the poem so sparse,(I tried to add more, but I kept taking it off, and it finally ended up as is) it is a simple matter of letting Christ 'be' in your life, quench your thirst, save your soul...it has nothing to do with religion per se...its just what's in your heart
thank you

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » Whosoever heareth shall call

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary