navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » [I bought an eraser]
Open Poetry #38
Post A Reply Post New Topic [I bought an eraser] Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
shirtless
since 2006-04-29
Posts 359

0 posted 2006-06-26 12:42 PM

I bought an eraser

I pressed rewind

looked at old photographs

read A Brief History of Time

but nothing
is ever
undone –
the loaf
of bread
I retrieve
from the wrong shopping cart
is marked
by the perfume
of an old woman
who will have nightmares
of sex
and violence
and my shaved head

PLEASE VISIT MY REGULARLY UPDATED WEB SITE http://www.anthonyarmstrong.zoomshare.com

© Copyright 2006 Anthony Armstrong - All Rights Reserved
Poetic Concept
since 2006-06-25
Posts 66
God's Fingerprint
1 posted 2006-06-26 02:31 AM

ummm...interesting...I cant say that relate, for i am not losing my hair...yet. I dont really see the meaning behind writing this and your inspiration, or are u just running out things to write about...(never could happen)...I think it is funny though totally unexpected...ummm job...keep writing...elevation is the key

Return the favor on Lilies and Roses

"How vain it is to sit down and write when u have not stood up to live"
                     Anonymous (Unknown)

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

2 posted 2006-06-26 07:16 AM

nothing is ever coincidental, we pursue our destiny, our knowledge much to the beat of the breath of time...in our very own time...

enjoyed this and you....

shirtless
since 2006-04-29
Posts 359

3 posted 2006-06-26 10:32 AM

Hi Poetic Concept,
I think you failed to comprehend the poem. The first four lines refer to ways one might try to undo things, or deal with the inability to undo events in time. The rest of the poem is an example: a loaf of bread accidentally placed in someone else's shopping cart is retrieved, but it is marked by the perfume of the old woman who   is pushing the cart, and she is intimidated by the appearance of the speaker. The loaf of bread is put into the right cart, but things are not really undone. The nature of her nightmares also suggests she is intimidated by a societyshe sees as violent.

PLEASE VISIT MY REGULARLY UPDATED WEB SITE http://www.anthonyarmstrong.zoomshare.com

Poetic Concept
since 2006-06-25
Posts 66
God's Fingerprint
4 posted 2006-06-26 07:41 PM

ok that makes sense but what about bald head?
Serena
since 2006-06-25
Posts 47

5 posted 2006-06-26 08:03 PM

Judging at face value brings the judger their just deserves.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » [I bought an eraser]

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary