navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » Instructions
Open Poetry #37
Post A Reply Post New Topic Instructions Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana

0 posted 2006-01-24 02:10 PM

Devour me
Consume me
Empty out this shell
Shove all remaining remnants
Into the depths of hell

Erase me
Replace me
Move on without pause
It’s far better if you
Pretend I never was

Too much sorrow
Too much grief
Beyond despair
Beyond relief

More misery
Than sympathy
Can break through
I’ll hurt you

and that won’t do…

Forget me
Don’t let me
Ruin another day
Whatever there was of me
There’s nothing but decay.

© Copyright 2006 suthern - All Rights Reserved
Edward Grim
since 2005-12-18
Posts 1154
Greenville, South Carolina
1 posted 2006-01-24 02:16 PM

I can’t forget you,
I won’t
I refuse.
For this poetry
Is too great,
Too great to lose.

Great poem, I can tell you really put your heart into it. Wonderful poetry suthern. Cheers   - Ed

Momma says, "Life... is like a box full of chocolates, you never know when you're gonna get one with a nut in it".

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2006-01-24 02:40 PM

SweetSuthern~

I feel this one for all the right reasons, ... gone wrong~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -   noles1@totcon.com

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
3 posted 2006-01-24 02:47 PM

My suthern gal friend, you cannot be erased!  Great write, but oh such a sad feel to it.  You're a remarkable poetess and I'm glad to see you're writing -- I've been waiting for another one.   ...jo
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
4 posted 2006-01-24 03:10 PM

Rip! Rip! Rip! I just tore up those instructions on how to devour and replace you! ~ Now I feel better! ~ I just wish that you did, my dear sweet suthern.

You certainly have a talent for emoting and bringing your readers into your world. May it soon be a fuller, happier one.

Loving you,
Linda
Big Hug

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
5 posted 2006-01-24 04:45 PM

Edward: Now you've done it... wiped away my sour expression and replaced it with a smile... and I thank you most sincerely. *S*

Marge: You dear... I am blessed to have you open your heart to me... even when I'm a poor guest. *S* Thank you!!

iliana: I've been writing... and writing... and writing. *G* But if this is "better than"... you can imagine where my pen's been plowing (heck... you probably won't have to imagine... I'll eventually post some of them *S*) Thank you so much! *S*

EA: As long as you're ripping... maybe you'd like to dispose of some notebooks for me? *S* I'm tired of me and my emoting... and seem to be stuck with both! LOL Thank you, my friend... with folks like you on my side... healing will happen... it already is. *S*

LOL at myself... Don't worry, my friends... This was written on a good day... my pen just wears shades, even inside *S*)

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
6 posted 2006-01-24 05:17 PM

suthern
Come down here and I'll give that decay a big hug and

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
7 posted 2006-01-24 05:27 PM

suthern,

Wouldn't want to erase you for anything!  Such power and passion you express!  I've always admired that about your writing.  

Glad you're back.  I've missed you!

miscellanea

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
8 posted 2006-01-24 05:36 PM

Professor Gloom
Member Elite
since 2000-07-23
Posts 3082
of Depression
9 posted 2006-01-24 05:38 PM

Instructions, seem more like destructions
Perhaps
Inspire me
Admire me
Fill me with the warmth of touch
Reconnect my shattered
Make my little pieces to much

Light me
Highlight me
Shadow me with thy glow
Make things to matter
Teach what I need to know

or something along those lines
Gloom

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
10 posted 2006-01-24 06:01 PM

So forlorn but good writing.

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
11 posted 2006-01-25 04:52 PM

Seymour: I'd love to, dear friend... I truly would! *S* Thank you!!

miscellanea: I've missed me, too, sweet lady... thank you so very much!!

Martie: Thanks!

Professor: I thank you, sir... I like that version much better... especially that 2nd verse. *S* Thank you!!

The Lady: Thank you! *S*

Ratleader
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-01-23
Posts 7026
Visiting Earth on a Guest Pass
12 posted 2006-01-27 07:29 AM

I put off answering this, because I wanted to be able to say something more meaninful than "it hurts to see you hurting".....but truly Laura, when I read these words that say grieving so eloquently, that is all there is in me to say.

.....so....

Laura, it hurts to see you hurting. There's more to come very soon, I know...but I hope it ends then forever. You've earned a little joy, earned it the hard way.

~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>   ~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>  ~~(¸¸ ¸¸ºº>    ~~~(¸¸ER¸¸ºº>
______________Ratleader______________

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
13 posted 2006-01-27 11:43 AM

Ratleader: I wish I was one of the great poets... maybe I'd be able to adequately express what your words mean to me. But I'm not... so I just say... thank you... so very much.
luminosity
since 2005-11-18
Posts 813

14 posted 2006-01-27 04:27 PM

ah lady *shrugs and sighs* I do know 'this' better than I like to remember, and all I can say is that it does get easier...
hugs

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
15 posted 2006-01-27 07:15 PM

Dear Suthern, Lady you break my heart. Such good writing but so sad. best ,martyjo
suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
16 posted 2006-01-31 09:34 AM

luminosity: Thank you, my friend... I know you know this place all too well. *S*

latearrival: You know... you're gonna have to change your name. *S* For... rather than late... your arrival is always perfect. *S* Thank you so much for appreciating the write... I'm prickly-pear-sensitive about my abilities these days... so your words are particularly welcome. *S*

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
17 posted 2006-01-31 03:12 PM

Oh you are not going to believe me when I tell you that I could actually hear our Canadian Alanis Morissette belting this out!

The anger in this is sure worth singing I tell you, and wish I had these instructions for use a few times myself.

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
18 posted 2006-01-31 04:43 PM

"Forget me
Don’t let me
Ruin another day
Whatever there was of me
There’s nothing but decay."

NO! He's not allowed to forget you! You're so incredible that every day should be a reminder of you that he lost.

and then He created the horse...

D.Lester Young
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1219
Austin, Tx
19 posted 2006-01-31 05:13 PM

Such passion in these words that I felt there nails dig into me.
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
20 posted 2006-01-31 11:23 PM

Dear Suthern, I agree with all the others.  You can't be erased.  You will never be "decay", let alone "nothing but decay".  You may be tired of your poetry, BUT WE ARE NOT!  And neither Earth Angel nor anyone else, will rip your notebooks up.  Emote, emote, emote!  That is the way to heal.  If you keep it all in, the hurts will fester, and we can't have that happen to our Suthern.  

- Owl

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
21 posted 2006-01-31 11:26 PM

Oh, and beautiful poem written with a golden pen! I got so carried away with what you said in it that I forgot to mention how stunning it is.  

- Owl

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
22 posted 2006-02-01 02:11 PM

For me, one of the most rewarding things about posting my poems is seeing the life the words take on... what they mean to different people. *S*

Today, I've been feeling the sting of being misinterpreted after an innocuous remark has caused enough pain to make me want to stomp my pen. *S* But as I read here... some of that sting is soothed... for having readers find meaning in my words I didn't see is a gift... and one I treasure. *S*

For instance... I wrote this, thinking to protect the one I love from me... but... those seeing anger directed outwards made me look again... and appreciate their eyes. *S*

So... I thank you... and am grateful to each and every one of you... whether you found poetry in a rant... or a rant in poetry. *S*

Mysteria: I may not believe it... but I'm very complimented! *S* Thank you!!!

Skyfire: May I adopt you? *S* Please? *S* Seriously... I thank you from the bottom of my heart... you made my day. *S*

DLY: Your response means a lot to me... I thank you so much!!

OwlSA: You honor me, dear lady... with both responses... and I appreciate both the caring and the compliment more than I can say. Thank you!!!

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
23 posted 2006-02-01 02:19 PM

Beloved one if  things had turned out differently than they did you would be preparing to come here so I could hug you till you yelled stop, but as it is I'll have to wait 8 mths until I can do so. But be prepared to be loved a lot then. All the family are dying to meet you darling one, and I do mean all the family. The Hoard that live in Brighton are champing at the bit to see just what I've raved about. (And they still haven't met Gray, I had a little attack of sickness so we didn't get to see them last weekend).

Now as for the poem darling one the rhyme is definitely good, the sentiment I refuse to listen to since I could never throw you away, you belong in my heart and you always will do. You wouldn't want me to bleed internally now would you? And if I pulled you from the place where you grow in me I would bleed most  pitiously.
Love you always
Like you forever
Mushy
x x x x
Gray says to tell you hello and take care of you for you are very special xxxx

Tomorrow is another day I don't know what it holds
but I can face the future with courage brave and bold

Footprints In My Heart
Kethry

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » Instructions

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary