navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #35 » A Comptometer Operator.
Open Poetry #35
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Comptometer Operator. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

0 posted 2005-02-25 03:15 PM

Glass held you away from us mortals who failing to understand human comps failed to understand

Like lepers who rang bells between 8 and 6 disturbing all but a select few to query fingers and machines spoke

On machines ranged in nines accelerated by keys

And the magic of human com and like humans and religion we trusted you because we knew you were right and you would never make mistakes, you would never forget when the figures didn't balance, and the waves moving up in your mind that move as they should because you didn't need an auditor for more than the surface.

Locked away, professional, decent on figures, you were people's greatest asset.

A Comptometer Operator.

© Copyright 2005 Dave Page - All Rights Reserved
MGROVES
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2004-02-01
Posts 3802
california
1 posted 2005-02-25 10:11 PM

nice to see your words~
a pleasure m'friend~

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

2 posted 2005-02-26 04:35 PM

Marsha

It is almost a sense of relief.

No davepage@dial.pipex.com no website no nothing.

I feel like someone who can get on with life and poetry is something glorious and I have enjoyed my time writing words for a variety of reasons life, hopefully, can now start to enjoy me.

"Rendcomb" will be the keyword for my existence on anything I write but reality is more fun.

Dave

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #35 » A Comptometer Operator.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary