navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #34 » OnThe Common
Open Poetry #34
Post A Reply Post New Topic OnThe Common Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

0 posted 2004-11-01 03:14 PM

On the common is a re-write of some words I lost.

These words originally started the thoughts.

My love said to me, I am your love to be
I've loved you more than I can say
But give me your hand
And walk to that tree
Then I will give my own love to thee

I walked with my love across the common.

How can you love a person so much, and yet be able to live with her.

Hugging her, kissing her, thrilling with her.

What more could you want than love.

Her excitement in seeing the funfair grew as we moved closer.

The lights spinning around, the shouts of the rides.

We watched a spinning light move upwards from the dodgems and come towards us like a laser show.

That was the beginning.

Sweet dreams are ideas that fitted on afterwards and need writing.

Dave

Grass rippled cold barren small hummocks of green brambled by trampling feet that maintain a piece on the common
No sturdy shoes no ankles taking our ease in common with others scurrying for titbits brought forth to a delight on dinning in on the common
Gentle walk in our summer wear light flowing highlighted by sun in a case that eased a designer’s delights of image and cost on the common
Skirting brambles soft grass beckoned to be ignored or else the snore would dwarf other delights in ignorance of others on the common
Snuffing at bees bumbling black and yellow accepting their invitation to a dance to infuriate Government of costs on the common
Sun shone down raising vapour of steaming objects on an afternoon that turned and twisted seeking refreshment on the common
Noon drew near scented the ground, driving insects in sound of buzzing floating animals to seek other parts on the common
Through a gate an image awaits amongst trees smiling at long grass that never cuts but seeds within the trees on the common
Crack of willow on bat red flies hard as leather to desires scoring just a run bumbling along to a player’s arm on the common
Then a six is called and trees echo bald glancing off a bark with no sound to echo batman’s aim on the common
With my lady fair of the golden hair amongst the grass that isn’t there we danced with the fare of pen on paper on the common
A gentle wind blowing a hot night of thoughts of something scouring digging burrowing burying hot dry winds of those days of freedom on the common
Spirits entranced in one world that no longer mattered electric we spoke smoke rising to see the cricket on the common
Batted with resolution plied with constitution roused with absolution doused with an illusion we drew on the common

Sweet dreams
Whisper
Long passions
Walks
Hills
Sweeping passion images
Calling
Windswept trees
To a torpid day
Drifting
Long grass
To sublime pleasure
Spinning wood inspiring
Fragrant desire
To a small pond milling in a lake
Fishing
For compliments
From busy ducks
Fishing
To complement
Their passion

© Copyright 2004 Dave Page - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #34 » OnThe Common

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary