navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » The Fool
Open Poetry #33
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Fool Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

0 posted 2004-10-01 12:11 PM

This is aimed at attacking attitudes, manipulation and rebellion against growing up.

Dave

On the failed rebound memories you take a man
Using by twice per night to fill a jar
That you will never empty
As you fill your images
For as long as your mage
Consults

In relatives with answers
You live and die
For image
Of your mother and father
For fear
Of enjoyment
And phone calls

As a child you were born
To be kept
Pleading I have done
And never knowing life
Meant you were never done

Meeting
A six year scout
Exploring all you failed to cover
As you cover those
You could
Cover
To explore

Where did honesty rear it’s head
As you used someone who cared
To find a sanctuary
And still you wonder why
When you have used them
Do they not want you to use them again

And still you feel you will get away with it
That you are in control
That you dictate
Until too late you discover
The fool

© Copyright 2004 Dave Page - All Rights Reserved
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

1 posted 2004-10-01 12:20 PM

very intense, thought provoking and well written..adding, and this is only my opinion
not directed at anyone....but the thought your poem evoked...we would all like to change the world...make it a better place...but consentrating on self, perhaps is the start of the ripple effect...which I felt you were conveying here...we fear so, the opinons of others, when in fact, within reason, opinion is art...offering up to the takers, without expectation...but in complete care and honesty....to consider our homes, this courtry, what we have and who we are, a place of visit...we are the visitors...the renters, the tourists....meaning, consider others, take less and give more...without one thought of what's in it for us...I know, I know, I'm a dreamer...but I do believe it is and could be real...we've come to a place where we've got to make a difference....for the good of the people, for the good of mankind...considering the ripple effect when we make descision...

Thank you David, as always for another brilliant and thought provoking write/right
Hugs

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

2 posted 2004-10-01 12:25 PM

Lee

Call it for spirit but ask yourself whether the negative or the positive is what charges

Dave

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

3 posted 2004-10-01 12:30 PM

In the same way that I dont hide my email - my mobile is on the internet 00-44-7802-500305 as stated on www.davepage.dial.pipex.com

Ring me if you wish - I dont guarantee the response

Dave

Kristabell
since 2003-11-29
Posts 678
Portland, OR
4 posted 2004-10-01 01:06 PM

I do not believe it is ever too late to, as you put it, "discover the fool" because everyone marches down this road we call life at their own pace. It seems as if we all think that there has to be a certain time or place to grow up, but no, I think it comes when the person is ready. I loved your poem!

Kristabell

Foxyoasis
since 2003-06-10
Posts 974
Atlantic Beach,Fla
5 posted 2004-10-01 01:24 PM

Nice I really like this

Fool me once shame on you.....Fool me twice shame on me.....

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

6 posted 2004-10-11 05:44 PM

Kristabell

Thank you - it was one of my off the head sets of words.

Dave

Foxyoasis

What is shame but maybe a desire to let something pretend it never happened for reasons that it may be true, may be too close or showed something we thought no-one would see

Dave

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » The Fool

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary