navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Charmides
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Charmides Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fatwah
since 1999-11-04
Posts 16

0 posted 1999-11-05 10:50 AM

I have seen
extrodinary things,
where dry eyes faces smiles
and summer is in bloom

i have heard
strange things
from the burning skies of India
and the lakes of night

You, so cold
you sharp, steel skin
admires mine
and wants in.

So i let you glide
a slow blood ride
across my chest
I want the pain
I want your love
my cold steel love
you purge my skin and burn my brain
I love to bleed
I long to flow

And open mouthed i taste the air,
it tastes of redemption
puurity through pain
and i have seen extrodinary things
in my head
where i'm safe
once again

© Copyright 1999 fatwah - All Rights Reserved
Deep Blue Me
since 1999-11-04
Posts 396
By a big lake
1 posted 1999-11-05 10:56 AM

fatwah,
You've not only seen extraordinary things, but you describe them exquisitely.

Nice read.

DB

JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.
2 posted 1999-11-05 11:27 AM

You purge my skin and burn my brain.....great depth...enjoyed very much.

Jenny

------------------
Love is an attempt at penetrating another being,But it can only succeed if the surrender is mutual.

[This message has been edited by JennyLee (edited 11-05-1999).]

Watcher666
since 1999-10-13
Posts 1606

3 posted 1999-11-05 12:30 PM

Well done,enjoyed this much!

------------------
Illusion...what we see and what we do...it's all up to you.

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
4 posted 1999-11-05 12:46 PM

Fatwah, Starchild, Mywildlove, Bags,

The name doesn't change who you are. You have insulted me, you have insulted other members on this site, and you have insulted Passions. If you loathe this pitiful bunch of wanabe poets so much, why do you persist on showing back up? Do you understand it's not personal dislike for you out of which I delete your postings and have you banned? It's because you fail to aknowledge the rules that flash by you each and everytime you make yourself a member here.

So far, I have not seen, Fatwah screw up. So far as you don't go off insulting any of the other members and keep from using profanites, I will allow continuence. Just remember I know who you are.

Michael

starchild2
since 1999-11-08
Posts 2

5 posted 1999-11-08 05:34 AM

michael,
firstly i think you may have been a little hasty in your crusade, i don't know who bags so whatever bags did is not my bad. also, michael, i think that perhaps your devotion to duty comes a little from your own hurt pride, I have insulted you? i apologise, but micheal, you have also insulted me. deeply so. i also apologise to any other member on the site whom i have insulted, i am not yet in full control of my faculties. you see, in june of last year, i was taking my a-level exams in a little town near liverpool in england, but, i was also working as a courier for a friend. one rainy day, i was given a parcel to take from my home town to widness which is about twenty miles away, my friend also gave me the keys to his nearly new BMW which, i can tell you was one amazing car. and as i sped alng the motorway (interstate type road, a young seventeen year old boy with no liscence and a package that no doubt could have had me jailed, i noticed taht the brakes on the car were not properly responding, added to this, the gear shift was totally redundant meaning i could not shift into neuteral and let the car roll out. when i realised this you can imagine i was quite afraid and as i sped on, not knowing what to do i am not ashamed to admit that i did begin to weep as i realised that i was highly likely to die or carry on, leave the motorway at high speed and kill someone else with me. so because i knew that i had no better choice i pulled the handbrkae and hoped the car would come from eighty miles an hour on a wet road to a standstill without me getting hurt. no that was not the way it went and i pulled the handbrake and the car threw itself to the left, rolled over four and a half times and put itself over the barrier into a field. had i been steve mcqueen, i probably would have been proud, but in truth i was very scared and shocked. i did not blackout but instead crawled out of the car and lay shivering, bleeding and i thought dying at the side of the road for three and aquater hours till i was helped. i was lucky, i did not die. however, i did get facial lasserations, a ruptured fontal lobe (brain), a broken shoulder and four broken ribs and temporary blindness in my right eye ( something to do with my v4 area i think they said)So what you may say, thats no excuse to act like a fool. fair enough, it is no excuse but it is a cause. sometimes when normal people get anry, they want to hit someone or shout or even kill. they do not do this because something in their head tells them that it is not the best idea as there will be repecussions. because of the damage to my frontal lobe i now have to retrain myself to do this. i have spent the last year and a half having to say to people " i am angry with you because... this makes me feel negatively towards you..." instead of what most people do which is get into an argument or storm off. beleive me i do try, but it is harder than you can imagine and sometimes i cannot control it and sometimes i can. if i have insulted anyone it is most likely because i have gotten angry with someone but have said my dummy lines leaving me angrier. i do not mean to be unkind, i try to control myself. i am sorry.
if you would like to list your grievances i wold be more than happy to try to make ammens. i have also used the name handbagsatfiftypaces so if i did anything wrong under that one let me know

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
6 posted 1999-11-08 06:01 AM

Starchild2,
I really appreciate the apology and the extent you went to in explaining yourself and you are right, I owe you an apology too and I am not above aknowledging that. I am sorry for insulting you, and the extreme I took my actions too.
My refering to you as "bags" was only because I did not wish to take the time to spell "Handbagsatfiftypaces". So far as making amends, most everything has been quelled with possibly one exception. Sunshine, (in Open3) was deeply hurt by your response to her poem...the one you call "a crock of....", etc. I would sincerely appreciate if you saw fit to give her an apology, (post it in Feelings if you do).
So far as your email to me where you questioned the quality of poetry on this site...there is no place I would rather be. It's not the quality so much as it is the heart behind it. Most of these people are dear friends of mine. I have traveled across America just to meet quite a few of them...we are a family here. I do hope you will take the time to get to know some of us...not all of us Americans are bad, you know.
Btw, if I haven't said it already, I really have enjoyed many of your postings even if my pride wouldn't allow me to comment. I hope to see more from you, especially here in the Dark forum.
Thank you, Starchild.

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 11-08-1999).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Charmides

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary