navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Cafe.
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Cafe. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

0 posted 2000-05-03 08:30 PM

Spitting on the floor in the cafe at the corner-leaving the phone to dangle-a quarter for a tip-a coffee for your troubles-gum underneath, hard from age-put your feet up-you're at home here-where the flowers wilt-and the windows cloud-the people frown-and the stench never leaves-a door always open-to your sadness and pain-a slap from the cook-and a session out back with the kid that does the dishes-high,high,high it goes-like smoke from a cigarette-lingering inside your mushed up brain-a quarter for a tip???-take it-......that's another phone call away.

*pretty lame I know....but it came out.
*Actually just me thinking outloud.

[This message has been edited by SpitFire (edited 05-03-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 SpitFire - All Rights Reserved
JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
1 posted 2000-05-03 08:46 PM

Sometimes the best stuff comes out of us when we are just thinking. lol! It's true I think.  
I love the cafe scene you describe.
A place on the corner
At which to dine!

Joy

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
2 posted 2000-05-04 02:18 AM

HaHaHa. I think I'll just have the coffee, please.
But let me serve myself, thank you.
hahaha
I had a good friend that had a Cafe like this one. haha he died. crap.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Evilkat88
since 2000-05-01
Posts 37

3 posted 2000-05-04 08:24 PM

I don't think it's lame at all. In fact I do the same things with some of my poems. They come to me when I think out loud or listen to a certian song. So I'm sorry I have to disagree with you it's not lame I think it's beautifull.
               Much Love
                kat

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

4 posted 2000-05-04 10:10 PM

~I do have to thank each of you for replying to my silliness...it's very kind of you.
*Joy 14...thanks for reading and responding...it's so cool knowing that you're being heard,..even if it is just babble like this  
*Joel....heehee....I have gone back to read your reply three times now...just to laugh.  LOL...honestly,...I shake my head and laugh after reading that...but,..your friend???..crap is right. Sorry.
*Evilkat88...thanks for disagreeing with me..you are too kind gurl.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Cafe.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary