navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Almost Nothing
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Almost Nothing Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
muchos
since 2003-11-29
Posts 102

0 posted 2004-02-28 12:36 PM

Watching you with a blank stare upon your face
Sends chills up my spine
You give me the impression that Im not worth your time
Oh empty heart, oh mindless soul
Just tell me what to do.
I have these thoughts, these empty feelings
Please tell me they wont come true
I want to be your princess
I want to take care of you
You gave me your cold shoulder
While I gave you my warmth
But for some reason inside myself
I wasnt good enough.
If you want to be away
Then take the time you need
But tell me things I need to hear
Because your making my heart bleed
Oh empty heart, oh mindless soul
Just give me what I need
I burst into tears
In this time of need found death
I shed all my fears
But I want you far away
Take my heart you filthy man
And try to make it come clean
I will be washed away of sins tonight
For I fear im almost nothing

© Copyright 2004 *Ashley Allin* - All Rights Reserved
Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
1 posted 2004-02-28 08:29 AM

I sincerely hope that this isn't something that you're going through right now.  If it is, however, I may have some helpfu words for you.  I gather from your poem that this person of your affection seems to have turned from you and negleted you emotionaly.  This is quite common and with younger people, it almost always goes without expaination.  Often, the person being neglectful doesn't know why they're doing it or even that they're doing it at all.  I can assure you, though, that it has nothing to do with you "not being good enough".  Something about this persons desires or feeling most likely has shifted to a place they may not include you right now.  It's often temporary...sometimes not.  Like I said, the person usually doesn't even realize it's happened or that anything's different with them.  Telling them is a must, but sometimes they become defensive about it out of guilt after it's been brought up.  I really hope I haven't made you feel worse, but I thought your may like a little insight into what's probably really going on.  The poem was very good.  If it's wasn't, I wouldn't have been able to gather such a good point of view on the situation...good luck and keep writing.

Jeremy

Be it in the truest form, or a desperate lack thereof, fail not to understand that the inspiration is love.

muchos
since 2003-11-29
Posts 102

2 posted 2004-02-29 02:01 AM

thanks for the reply, i am just trying to go through a situation right now. filled with lots of confusion. i appreciate the insight. thanks for taking the time to read and write so much. i hope you enjoyed it.
Ashley

blueyedlioness
since 2003-04-24
Posts 289
USA
3 posted 2004-03-01 12:07 PM

It sounds like you need a hug.

Good job on this... you could check some of the spelling, but it's very well done.

Believe in yourself, and be happy with you. That way, if he's not... it's his problem. Follow your heart.

-Lioness

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Almost Nothing

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary