navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » untitled
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic untitled Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lindsay
since 2003-03-26
Posts 59
South Dakota

0 posted 2004-02-14 07:41 PM

Even though you broke my heart
In your arms I still want to be
So lets forget the past and try a new start

You hurt me yes it’s true
But the pain I feel now is worse
Cause all I’m doing is missing you

Nights are lonely with you gone
The phone hasn’t rang in days
Don’t know how much longer I can go on

So tell me now if we still have a chance
Cause to tell the truth
You had my heart from the very first dance

© Copyright 2004 Lindsay Strube - All Rights Reserved
Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
1 posted 2004-02-15 06:07 PM

I sincerely hope this isn't something that's you're going through now. If it is, however, you should really try to let go of the memories and focus your energies on something more constructive...you'll feel better.  It's hard to do, but if you can, it's worth it.  You did a great job of conveying your thoughts on the situation...good job.

Jeremy

Be it in the truest form, or a desperate lack thereof, fail not to understand that the inspiration is love.

Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California
2 posted 2004-02-15 10:29 PM

I liked the ending.
Writing about it helps to clear out the worst of the feelings, but your still left with the after taste.
Hang in there.
~Lex

yankees01rugby
since 2003-08-13
Posts 48
USA
3 posted 2004-02-16 11:24 AM

good job writing this. i can really relate to this, i think it helps to write about it but the feelings still dont completely leave. i was in this situation a short time ago and i am trying to get over him and it does feel better!

Does the term "cruel and unusual punishment" mean anything to you?

kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special
4 posted 2004-02-16 01:40 PM

Wow, i can understand and relate to this very easily. I am sorry he broke your heart. I dont really know how or why or anything like that, but it shouldnt be YOU asking if there is another chance for you guys. It should be him. I really liked this poem. It was great, and i could definately feel ya!
~kissa~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » untitled

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary