navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » You Were My Friend
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic You Were My Friend Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI

0 posted 2003-12-01 07:53 PM

You were my best friend,
The only one I could look to,
That’s why when I found out about you,
My whole body just blew.

We saw you as happy,
Others saw you blue,
Why Would you keep this from me,
I wish I only knew.

You are gone now,
I am still afraid and confused,
Why’d you have to do it,
Now I feel blue.

I wish you only knew,
What in this world I would do for you,
Anything I could give you I would,
The only thing I couldn’t no one could.

Now you are happy,
Up in heaven with your dad,
I hope you see this,
Even though your gone.

I want you to know,
In my heart your never gone.

Well I've been gone for quite some time and many of you probably don't know me. But I've come back to place I used to call home... For help.. And lost.

My bestfriend killed himself 2 months ago... Its hard but I know ill get through and im sure you guys will help.

[This message has been edited by branden726 (12-02-2003 05:02 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Branden Jacobs - All Rights Reserved
wvplayernotreally
since 2002-11-06
Posts 215
yakima wa
1 posted 2003-12-01 08:21 PM

An amazing write. Its such a hard pain to deal with when a friend commits suicide especially a best friend. I am still dealing with my friends suicide that happened four years ago. If you ever need anyone to talk to I am here.  Thank you for posting that, I am a strong believer that everything on here posted affects someone.

I can't be your superman

*Belabebeautiful*
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-03
Posts 696
washington, USA
2 posted 2003-12-01 11:49 PM

Very emotionally charged piece, nicely done. One critique...change seen to saw, it flows better. Other than that absolutly riviting. I'm extremely sorry for your loss. To lose someone that close to you is one of the hardest things anyone can ever deal with. Its the most horrifing painful experiance I know I've been there too and I always wondered why and if there was anything I could have done...But time has gotten me past blame but the hurt is still there though less now. I hope that you remember that person for all he was to you and remember that we are always here with open arms. If you need someone to rant to by ears are always open personally as well.
~Live and Laugh~

Because of you I laugh a little harder, smile a little more, and cry a little less
~Bella~

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
3 posted 2003-12-02 05:03 PM

Thanks alot guys it means alot to me. I guess I didn't really come here to write poems I came looking for help but writting is helping alot. Thanks. And thanks for being honest.

All you other poets beware my true feelings and poetry are about to flare!
~*~Branden~*~

kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special
4 posted 2003-12-02 05:30 PM

I really liked your poem, it was really touching, and sad. I am so sorry about your loss. To be honest, i don't know how you feel, but it must hurt a lot.I dont know what i would do if my best friend died, let alone took their own life. Just know i'm here and i hope things are better soon.
Love always,
kissa~

frolicking dolphin
since 2003-02-23
Posts 268
my own special world
5 posted 2003-12-02 05:45 PM

I can only imagine the pain you're feeling, my friend came close to killing herself once and I thought that was painful, to see how depressed she was.  I really liked the poem because of how emotional it was, nice write.

~*~Karen~*~

~All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them~Walt Disney

magic_612
since 2003-07-31
Posts 190
NB, Canada
6 posted 2003-12-03 02:28 PM

I'm sooo sorry about your loss, I can only imagine how hard it would be on you right now. I hope we can all help you in some way. Just know, you are not alone.
pammy
since 2003-11-27
Posts 50
California
7 posted 2003-12-05 09:07 PM

i really like this poem.  my best friend told me she was gonna commit suicide and i helped her not to.  im sorry you didnt get the opportunity to help your friend.  but your rite they are in a better place, heaven
im really sorry about your loss

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » You Were My Friend

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary