navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » No more love
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic No more love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
aliway
since 2006-03-05
Posts 185
With in your eyes

0 posted 2006-03-30 09:12 PM

you said you like me
but it at school
the only thing you would do
was look my way  
not even saying a hello
is that to much to ask of you

I’m not you’re type

Why do I think it might not be you
Why do I keep deny the facts
I look back on the poems
I wrote about you
But they hold no clues
To what I should do with you

So I thought it would be different

Every girl you been with
Lost faith in you
Why shouldn’t they
You’re known to be a cheater
You lost your virginity
To the other girl

How could I have missed it

I’m trying to get you off my mind
But you keep sending
Me our pitchers
Talking on the computer
I just wont to delete you name
but unable to do it

I wish you would leave

I’m glad we never dated
I don’t think I could have handled it
Not in the state I’m in
Thinking you could do no wrong
My friends were right
No good can come of you

Just get out of the picture

I’m not you’re type
So I thought it would be different
How could I have missed it
I wish you would leave
Just get out of the picture

I’m done wishing for you

[This message has been edited by aliway (03-31-2006 12:37 AM).]

© Copyright 2006 Leah S. - All Rights Reserved
the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
1 posted 2006-03-30 11:00 PM

.. i liked this poem.. not one of your best though because it seemed to jump around and say one thing then rephrase it and say the opposite.. I was kind of confused and still I am.. I don't really understand.. I mean.. I understand the poem as a whole.. but I don't understand how each verse relates and means something so different.. ya know what I mean? if you don't that's ok.. I liked the choice of words in the poem even though I did't quite get it.. I think that some poetry is meant like some people get it and others dont'..
hope to hear more from you soon.
~Heather..

PS- "pitcher" should be "picture"

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

aliway
since 2006-03-05
Posts 185
With in your eyes
2 posted 2006-03-31 01:23 AM

Thanks for telling me about “picture”
I know it’s not my best poem but I wonted to do something different. Yes, I get what you mean. Sometimes I write poems I don’t even get, so I understand.

Theirs this guy I like but hate (that pretty much sums it up, doesn’t it). He’s put me through all this stuff but I still want him to ask me out. I know its silly and I shouldn’t want him to be my first boyfriend but there’s something about him that keeps me hoping that my friend is lying to me and he’s not just putting on a act just to get with me.
   My friends didn’t want me going out with him because they said he was doing it for a joke and out of pity last year also because of what his friends where doing to me. But this year their saying he likes me for real and saying “you should go out” “you shouldn’t go out”. I mean make up you’re mind (yes or no). So, I try to lessoning to my hart and mind but they were saying two different things, too. My hart is saying go for it, if he tries any thing weird I’ll say good bye but my mind is saying no he’s a jerk and a creep, no good can come of this.    

Maybe you can help me out, what do you think I should do?    

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » No more love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary