navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » fisher price
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic fisher price Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California

0 posted 2005-08-01 06:01 PM

I refuse to give up the love of the three.
I refuse to be made up of plastic walls,
Like the fisher price van shove your little body through the window, half broken, cloth child.
were mixing and matching.
the sight seeing is getting rough and these parts burn my eyes.

I'm not suited well for you. Your strapped up and ready to jump.
I'm down on the floor, and we plan for me to catch you.
I'm going to get shoved underground at an ungodly speed.
The roots and mud pack my lungs and I'm just a part of the scenery.
my legs sticking up out of the earth, some sort of statue for all to consider. How my life could have been so much brighter.  
We sit in green chairs sometimes when they avail themselves in the light. and it melts away the dirt and I come free.

Why can't every moment feel like autumn but without the falling.
Can my purple lips me made warm by any mans hands.
I don't know, I don't see a path through the fog. Out of the broken down fisher price car.
The cloth doll, the pale face, she slips and slides and breaks the cane of all the candy faced elderly.
Do they really hold the wisdom in those crippled hands. Release unto me some sort of glimpse of what this future love can bring.  

I worry about our hands colliding, conjoining. I worry to tell you my life story. It's not a fun one.
Sure there are glimpses of sunshine in daddys hair and kisses on my face
but the dark closets and large handed monsters have hold of me even to this day.
Grab some tea off the vine and visit me sometime with a story that could bring life.
Because I just can't stand to hold my head at this angle any longer. even if the view is beautiful.  

© Copyright 2005 Alexis Smith - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2005-08-02 10:29 AM

"
I worry about our hands colliding, conjoining. I worry to tell you my life story. It's not a fun one.
Sure there are glimpses of sunshine in daddys hair and kisses on my face
but the dark closets and large handed monsters have hold of me even to this day.
Grab some tea off the vine and visit me sometime with a story that could bring life.
Because I just can't stand to hold my head at this angle any longer. even if the view is beautiful. "

wow...

I don't always understand you, but this part here  really grabs...

electricxheart
since 2004-09-05
Posts 184
far away from home.
2 posted 2005-08-02 07:08 PM

'Why can't every moment feel like autumn but without the falling. '

You are one brilliant writer. Your thoughts continue to amaze me. Keep writing always, you are truly gifted.

-Kelly

You play the song I know.
You are the song I know.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » fisher price

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary