navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Perfume
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Perfume Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tempest
since 2006-04-28
Posts 247
dont eat paint chips!!!!

0 posted 2006-06-27 12:59 PM

You were walking away
And I just sat there in the room
Im drowning in memories
Because I still smell your perfume

Reality starts to sink in
As I turn on the T.V.
I try to forget
But it always gets to me

Your pictures lying open on the matress
And your sweaters on the floor
Your keys are on the table
And your coat is on the door

Every where I turn
Is just another piiece of you
Im ripping apart
And theres nothing I can do

You were walking away
And I just sat there in the room
Im drowning in memories
Because I still smell your perfume

© Copyright 2006 Bryan Girton - All Rights Reserved
stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
1 posted 2006-06-27 09:33 AM

Hey Tempest,

I liked this poem and yet it wasn't a favorite? It was good, the whole perfume idea was really interesting!

I guess the only thing I didn't really like was that the flow in this was kind of odd. I'd kind of pick up on the rhythm in certain spots and than it would disappear again. I don't know, maybe it was just me?

I really liked the last stanza on this poem. I know you started out with the "I can still smell your perfume", (at least that's how I think you said it...) and than you repeated it in the last stanza, I felt like that brought the whole poem together. Wrapped it up so it made sense and kind of sneaked in the "title word" again. Very nice!

Anyway, as always i'd love to read more of your work in the near future

@-->---

the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
2 posted 2006-06-29 11:17 PM

Well Tempest.. this is among some of your best to me.. and no offense to stargal.. but the first time I read this I read it outloud and it had the perfect flow to me. There was a couple of misspelled words.. Matress should have two t's in it and riiping should have one i in it.. other than that.. this was great. I loved the whole perfume thing too. It was very creative.. this kinda sounded like a sad love song. great great job..

~Heather~

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
3 posted 2006-06-29 11:18 PM

Sorry, I was mistaken. When I said ripping should have just one i, I meant piiece should only have one i (piece) lol..

Sry.

~Heather~

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

Tempest
since 2006-04-28
Posts 247
dont eat paint chips!!!!
4 posted 2006-06-30 09:09 PM

Thanks that whole "I" thing was just a typo anyways. Thanks alot for commenting. Im glad you both take time to read my stuff.

hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
5 posted 2006-07-01 03:21 AM

i really liked it mainly cuz it was good....and had a lot of feeling..... i liked the rhyminh scheme too... hope to read more from you.
~hunnie~

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your
heart.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Perfume

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary