navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Miss You Love
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Miss You Love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Defective
since 2003-09-19
Posts 73
Salisbury NC

0 posted 2004-05-09 05:10 PM

A little explanation first... this isn't a poem to me, it's an outburst of thoughts, and it's not one I went back and edited to something that sounded better... this is raw.
Well if you read my last few previous poems you'll remember that I went to meet a guy who I met off the internet 6 years ago... well I went... and it was the best experience of my life. I got back on April 14th and I'm moving there June 1st.  I'm having a lot of confrontation with my family and friends about this decision but it's where I'll be happy.

He said "All that glitters is gold" and I'm
stuck between you, the darkness, and the light
but I'll still keep our plans
in my box of secrets
I never thought that love would be like this
1400 miles away
I can't hear you breathe anymore
and it rips me apart.
The fish on the back of my calf haunts me
you complete the circle

We complete the cycle.

My thoughts are spastic
Paxil doesn't work for this girl anymore
because I'm no longer happy here.

Maybe if I drink a little more
laugh a little louder
hide the scars a little better
I'll be there sooner
and we can live

happily ever after

The reference to the fish on the back of my calf is a tattoo we got together, 3 Japanese koi, One and a half on my left calf and one and a half on his right one so when we stand together it completes the tattoo which means "Lasting love"

© Copyright 2004 Kristen Williams - All Rights Reserved
LucidityNow
since 2001-02-06
Posts 118
Canada
1 posted 2004-05-09 07:58 PM

I always love hearing raw thoughts, it allows me to empathize without sifting through the poet's implicit meanings. Great poem, I hope everything works out for you.

and i'm certain that if i drive into those trees, it would make less of a mess, than she's made of me...

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
2 posted 2004-05-09 10:08 PM

always follow your heart, even if this doesnt work out your family will, I hope have open arms....I wish you the best of luck, and I DO hope this works for you.....I admire people that go for what they want! GOOD LUCK!

~~**~~
le vent chante avec le calme doux
calme de nuit
sien beauté sur mes lèvres
~~**~~

Defective
since 2003-09-19
Posts 73
Salisbury NC
3 posted 2004-05-10 01:05 AM

Thank you both... I've never felt so sure of anything in my life, and I know this is what I want to do...
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Miss You Love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary