navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Not a poem, but a message
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Not a poem, but a message Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Vagabond
since 2004-01-23
Posts 163

0 posted 2004-01-23 04:01 PM

As one person once said, "A man in himself will not tell but lies, give him a mask and he shall tell all."

Another (wishfull thinking) wise man said, "When you are sad you know why, but when you are happy you do not now why. This is because happyness is embued in us humans."

I agree on the frist one for i know it is true on personal bases.

The second one though i disagree strongly. sad is the oppisaite of happy or vise versa.
If there is happyness there will definatly be sadness because for every action there is a recation or oppisite. acording to Newtons third law.

What do you think of this?
Do you agree or disagree?
Should this have been posted in the phlosiphy section (I thought that this was better suited)?

Vagabon the Lost One

© Copyright 2004 Jerome Hollon - All Rights Reserved
Endlessecho
since 2003-09-05
Posts 398
I live within myself
1 posted 2004-01-23 04:54 PM

I'm really not sure - there are times that we know why we're happy and then times when we are happy just because we are - no reason.  But the exact same can be said for sadness.  Anyway.. this made me think of something I wrote before - part of my attempt at an autobiography.  Anyway.. this was the chapter I wrote that it made me think of:

I love the days when I’m happy.  I especially love the days when I’m happy for no apparent reason.  Happiness is strange and elusive.  Sometimes, when I should be happy; when happiness would make complete sense, I don’t feel it.  I can’t no matter how hard I try.  Then I get frustrated and angry.

Life is full of vicious cycles like that.  Happy, but you can’t be, get angry, then even more unhappy and so begin again.

But, I was talking about happiness, not vicious cycles.  I’m happy today.  Today is beautiful.  Yesterday was beautiful.  Don’t ask me why.  It just was.  It just is.  

Every day remains to be seen and so why don’t we look forward to it more?  Don’t expect everything the same.  Don’t want everything the same.  Boring.  I never want to be boring.  And I never want to stay the same.  I’m in constant metamorphosis.  I’m in constant growth of becoming more and more.  Every piece added may not all be upward, but it gives me that extra strength that comes with size and volume.  

I may not be everything I say.  And I may not say everything that I am.  You can know me and never really know me.  You can talk to me and never really hear me.  Do you think it’s all a waste of time?  Can you stand the test of time?  Some people think it’s worth it.  Those who now understand what I don’t say and know me even when I’m not being me.  Now, they do.  They shocked me.  They stayed by me.  Now, they are a part of me.  It takes time.  So, don’t jump to conclusions too quickly.  The picture may not be finished being painted and it’s definitely not dry yet.  So please don’t smudge the colors in your rush to leave.  Understand that the parts of me that you see may not be who I am.  Not as a whole.  Not once you have the full picture.  It may change the way the parts you saw look.  It may change how you feel.  But, you may never know.  

Is everyone like this?  Or are you happy when you’re supposed to be and sad when you’re supposed to be?  Is the person I first meet the true you?  Is there only one picture of you?  Does it ever change?  Or is it always sharp and dry and ready for it’s museum display?        

Masked Intruder
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 Tours
since 1999-05-23
Posts 1231
Near golden sunsets
2 posted 2004-01-23 05:35 PM

Transferred to Philosophy 101.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Not a poem, but a message

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary