navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Untitled...
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Untitled... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lonely Shadow
since 2000-03-14
Posts 128
Virginia

0 posted 2006-01-03 08:59 PM

wasn't sure what to title it, but I thought I'd take another crack at writing.

----------------------------------------

paradise of the blind
unknowing of the pain within
the haze which kept
his life so peaceful and serene
swept away in the truths
that he he had hoped
for so long to forget
they return to haunt him so
with such brutal clarity
cutting into his very being
utterly powerless to its advance
images of hopes dashed
the sounds of utter sorrow
wishing, praying, hoping
for this pain to fade,
for the haze to return
longing so much for peace
that had gripped his troubled mind
but now he's slipped the bonds
that protected him with his ignorance
now to suffer the awful freedom
of the knowledge he can't escape
until death can take him home

Fear destroys the mind, depression destroys the soul... only love and compassion may save you from death.

© Copyright 2006 Lonely Shadow - All Rights Reserved
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
1 posted 2006-01-05 06:21 PM

Reading your CC message, I'll offer the following.  Utilizing punctionation and capitalization would not only indicate line breaks and pauses, but could also emphasize keywords or important phrases.  In addition, using such would diminish the feel of a one-breath run-on sentence.

I did enjoy your phraseology and wordturning.  My suggested title 'Residual' stems from the notion of past deeds/thoughts/ideas/actions/emotions oftimes return, not in full strength, but as nuances, as collateral residue from what we thought, at the time, to be proper amends.  Miscarried those were, for time and again, the spectres in our past persist in tarring the future, leaving faint residue of failings in the present wake.

One last tip if you don't already do this: read aloud what you're writing, either as you're penning it, or after 'completion'.  Get the verbal feel of the work, the cadence and beat.  Do you want conversational flow, pedantic measure, or stilted barks of speech?  That's where punctuation, including parenthesis, boldface, and italics came really accentuate the spoken aspect.

Have a good one!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Untitled...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary