navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » twisted fairytales and self-inflicted broken hearts
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic twisted fairytales and self-inflicted broken hearts Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
vampiana
since 2004-09-08
Posts 296
Nothing and Nowhere

0 posted 2005-01-15 10:24 PM

Prince charming gets his princess
happyily ever after - thats the perfect story
but not what you'll find in my twisted tale...

It started out perfect, grand you could say
But soon those dreaded cracks became all too clear.
One could ignore them, but the foundations only weaken.
The fights escalated, and left the crying princess devastated.
The prince shrugged his shoulders,
his indifference would be their undoing.

Then one day, it all grew too much.
The princess delivered too swift a blow
of finality.
Instant regret, took toll of her body, she begged
for forgiveness, but the prince wanted none of it.

Now she's alone with deeply scarred arms
and a self-inflicted broken heart.

Pride is holding your head up, when everyone else has their's lowered. Courage is what makes you do it.

© Copyright 2005 Kirsty - All Rights Reserved
green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
1 posted 2005-01-16 12:42 PM

Thats cool.  Maybe if the princess had had more patience it would have been different.  And cracks, thats an interesting one.  A crack is a gap that has spread from open from a point (the bottom) which is very small even if it lowers.  Standing at the top of the crack you can look into it and see down below.  But you can't walk across or you'll fall (have conflict).  You can mend cracks though.  No matter how deep they are.  Find the bottom and give and take (connect) til you can mold it back together all the way up or to a comfortable point. If it is just a comfortable point though it will only be a temporary fix and likely break again.

I'm no doctor, it just inspired poetic thought, so I wrote it.

-GIS

Corruption is caused by holes in obedience to God.

Hollow_Emptiness
since 2004-02-01
Posts 715
New Zealand
2 posted 2005-01-18 06:46 PM

I'm smiling at Craig's reply. And I agree with him. Patience is a virtue. Happily Ever After's used to frustrate me, but then...if there are no Hapily Ever After's, it's sort of empty...and I don't think it would have been much of a fairy tale. I don't know where I'm heading, but I liked it, very much, different but smooth despite the cracks.

Hollow.
Courtney.

You just got to see me through another day
My body's achin' and my time is at hand
And I won't make it any other way

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » twisted fairytales and self-inflicted broken hearts

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary