navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » the purity candle
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic the purity candle Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
EveGnosis
since 2002-02-21
Posts 300
New York, USA

0 posted 2004-12-01 12:08 PM

i'd strike a match to light
the purity candle
if it wasn't already eternally lit.
amazing how the glow from a single flame
can lighten and enlighten an entire dark room.
such is the warmth of the soul.
and my how i love to read by its light.

---------------------------------

happy b'day, carrigan! (and i thought it quite polite to keep it at a single candle, for we know how large a cake one candle for each year would be...lol) hope you have a great one!

mike

of all the things we try to find... it's only love we keep.

© Copyright 2004 EveGnosis - All Rights Reserved
Hollow_Emptiness
since 2004-02-01
Posts 715
New Zealand
1 posted 2004-12-01 12:25 PM

Oh Yes, Happy Birthday Purity!
What a great, honest and moving tirbute, Mike. I like how you write stuff for special reasons, lol.

Have a great one Purity, adn you too Eve get special applause.
Hollow.
Courtney.

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. - Gary Jules, Mad World.

green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
2 posted 2004-12-01 02:41 AM

Wow thats cool.  Happy birthday Purity.  I pray God does something nice for you on your birthday.  Wow God's cool.  
lol, how large a cake that would be.  Like a Knights of the Round Table type of thing.  lol.  You guys rock.

-GIS

Doing the same thing a million times in a row will definitely affect your head.  Read and pratice and read and pratice and read and prati........ead a

Purity
since 2001-11-20
Posts 526
Once Upon, USA
3 posted 2004-12-01 11:54 AM

Thank you Hollow.

LOL...I fail to see the humor, you guys, in the size of the cake! The "Round Table"...ok, Craig... I'm not that old! LOL.
Thank you Eve for a very pure poem with the hot wax added ta boot. Leave it to you... And I should have a great day... I'm visiting a friend that I have missed immensely...

Wings bruised from turning away in such confined space...Not broken...still healable...still feathered with life, somewhere

News_From_Nowhere
since 2002-06-14
Posts 173
CU, NY
4 posted 2004-12-02 10:18 AM

Dammit, I'm sorry Carri!!
Missed your Birthday Celebration!!
Happy Belated.

And Mike, if they dub me King of Short & Not So Sweet...
You, Sir, are King of Brief & Beautiful!

"So give life to your dreams, for there lies your survival, and cast your heart beyond those faded scenes, and I'll bring you through the storm"

Hollow_Emptiness
since 2004-02-01
Posts 715
New Zealand
5 posted 2004-12-02 02:09 PM

Just a quick one to say I totallly agree with News on that one Eve.

Hollow.
Courtney.

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. - Gary Jules, Mad World.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » the purity candle

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary