navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Oil and Incense
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Oil and Incense Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx

0 posted 2004-11-22 12:44 PM

We're such a care-free people
We don't care at all

You can even feel the evil,
Truthful vibration of what I say
And it feels dead, dirty,
And even pierces a bit

Fools waiting to fall
Fighting wars with rubber, and needles
And even dogs

Does anyone really expect to win
An enemy in the house is the hardest to fight

Presumption
Pre-ejaculation
Pre-meditation
Loss of feelings

What if sex and love actually were one and the same?
And we did obey?
And follow rules?
Not cheatting, but fair?

Maybe we'd be happy...
Be a perfect incense and oil for the king

Doing the same thing a million times in a row will definitely affect your head.  Read and pratice and read and pratice and read and prati........ead a

© Copyright 2004 Kenneth Craig Rogers - All Rights Reserved
EveGnosis
since 2002-02-21
Posts 300
New York, USA
1 posted 2004-11-22 11:39 AM

awesome, craig! thanks! this was too cool. and ya know what, i believe you have changed my mind about love and sex. well, not "sex"... if you love someone so dearly and so purely that one wish is to show that pure love through a giving of yourself and of sincere pleasure to that one so loved, then it really is "making love" as opposed to just sex... it really is expressing love. it really can then become one.
great! you inspire thought!

mike

News_From_Nowhere
since 2002-06-14
Posts 173
CU, NY
2 posted 2004-11-22 11:53 PM

This one stands proud.
This one stands out with incredibleness.
This one rocked hard!!!
Your choice of words were spectacular, and
I applaud you.
Wow!

Rider

"So give life to your dreams, for there lies your survival, and cast your heart beyond those faded scenes, and I'll bring you through the storm"

Purity
since 2001-11-20
Posts 526
Once Upon, USA
3 posted 2004-11-23 01:33 AM

I wrote a poem years ago "Archetypes of Choice" in which I tried to convey this same theme.
Yet, I could never be so to-the-point. I tend to ramble, where you just spit it out.
I like that about your poetry.

Wings bruised from turning away in such confined space...Not broken...still healable...still feathered with life, somewhere

green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
4 posted 2004-11-23 08:28 PM

Eve, Actually your e-mail is what inspired this one.  So thank you.  

Thanx News

Purity,  I did try to think about them more, and sometimes I do, but this one was just a spit-it-out type.  

Thanks

-GIS

Doing the same thing a million times in a row will definitely affect your head.  Read and pratice and read and pratice and read and prati........ead a

stevebrklynnyc
since 2004-01-04
Posts 292
GA, Camden
5 posted 2004-11-23 10:08 PM

Sex and love are definitley not the same.  At least to me anyway.  Your style is unique and I enjoyed your post muchly.  Keep on posting, great job!  Steve.
green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
6 posted 2004-11-23 10:10 PM

Thanks Steve,  I didn't really realize I had a style, but you're right I do.  Thanks for pointing it out.  

-GIS

darkness_witch
since 2003-12-03
Posts 516
Underneath
7 posted 2004-11-24 12:59 PM

nice work craig

this one stood out from the rest on the post board cus its risque and controversial!

love reading your work so keep them coming

love and empathy
sophie

nirvana means freedom from pain, suffering and the external world.

coyote
since 2001-03-17
Posts 1077

8 posted 2004-12-02 10:59 PM

You're right most times we surely confuse the two.

Some heavy thought here, Craig.

CB 8)

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
9 posted 2004-12-02 11:18 PM

Sex or Making Love... Sex or Making Love? Funny that my wife asked me a couple of days ago what I would rather call it. Now, I know that women would rather call it Making Love (Anyway, that's what I've been told) Sooooo, of course I answered Making Love, then my wife said Good... Let's have Sex. Anyway, good poem. -Bob
green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
10 posted 2004-12-05 02:56 PM

Thanx everbody.  I wrote it because there are alot of people who just want to have sex and don't care about the person they're having it with and spread diseases and have unplanned babies, and I was just wondering what if they didn't do all that.  You guys are cool.  Thanks again.

-GIS

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Oil and Incense

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary